the portsmouth manager is an idiot

They probably have an injury crisis.

Crouch isn't totally crap at center back tho. He has some ability in the position (unconvincing), he has good positioning, concentration, jumping, marking, heading, anticipation and decisions. His tackling isn't the best tho but during an injury crisis..

Im in 2012 in my save as well so just looked him up. He should at least have similar attributes in your save.

• Administrators

Crouch will probably move to that position I imagine in his later career? He does have the physique and apparently the attributes for it?

A couple of players have moved to the back over the years like Dion Dublin, I even remember Colin Hendry being used up front in an emergency. Slightly off topic but the best regen I ever had was a natural central defender and striker, I always used him at the back but he was averaging a goal a game for Switzerland

lets not forget rio ferdinand who started life off as a striker but switched to CB later in his career

when struck with an injury crisis ive noticed that the AI would rather go for high ability player with a low rating for that position rather than someone with the better attribute qualities for that position with not quite as high ability (ie i regularly see miguel veloso get played at left back when the other natural left backs are injured rather than a decent centreback who's strong foot is left and has quick the better attributs for the position and a better rating for it too)

Stockport currently use Matty McNeil (ST) as a CB when we're in an injury crisis, like now.

Seriously, this guy is the WORST defender you are ever likely to see. Search Virgin media highlights of Northampton v Stockport last saturday and look for the 4th goal to find out why. Grrr:mad:

We actually had a perfectly able CB who played at Right back in that game too:thdn:

Archived