Late night FM

I to am having an FM late night sesh, I'm AC Milan and just about to start my second season in charge. Am going really well atm, my latest signings are scoring for fun (scored 31 and only conceded 2 in pre-season) and I can't wait till the first competitive game to get underway, which is Inter in the Italian super cup.

Yeah, I got 100 million when I took the job half way through the season, got Benzema Messi and Valdes with that, then I was amazed when at the start of this season the board gave me 150 million, and that was only with expectation of Champ league qualification, I got C.Ronaldo with that and a few amazing free transfers, the highlight of those being Robinho as he had only 6 months left on his contract at Man city.:D

u sure u didn't cheat m8?....

Well I did kind of use an exploit of the ai to get Benzema, I offered 50 million for him, Lyon said they wanted 100 million, so I offered 50 up front and 50 after 40 league appearences and they accepted. So I effectively managed to get the player and keep half my transfer budget.:)

Yeah I'm up for a late night session with my Boca side. Questio though how much do you need to achieve to get on the club icon list, as I am by far the most succesful manager in the clbs istory and the are building a stadium named after me, but I'm not even listed as favoured personel lol.

Spent very wisely mate! Robinho for free jesus!! While your buying your star players i just bidded 325k for Geovanni as Hull are going down and need to reduce the wage bill that would be an amazing signing for me! With Bolton i have to sign from lower leagues or get frees and cheap buys and i have done well so far getting them to 7th i really hope they offer me a new deal.

Cracking job you have did there m8...How you doing in Europe and Serie A?

Well when I got the job we were 11th in Serie A and I managed to get them up to third, 3 points behind Roma in second and we got knocked out the Champ League in the semi final 1-0 on aggregate...by Juventus of all teams:mad:

Spent very wisely mate! Robinho for free jesus!! While your buying your star players i just bidded 325k for Geovanni as Hull are going down and need to reduce the wage bill that would be an amazing signing for me! With Bolton i have to sign from lower leagues or get frees and cheap buys and i have done well so far getting them to 7th i really hope they offer me a new deal.

Geovanni's a cracking player, would defo have him in any Prem team outside the top 4.......tip for you, do a search for players in every position that are realistic targets, sort them by valuation and shortlist the top 3 in each position, that's how a landed Robinho.:thup:

Thanks for the tip mate i will try that. Kinda hard for me at the moment got a very small squad and 4 of them are loans. Only got 800k left and im hoping that Geovanni will join he wants to join me and 325k is a bargin for him. Sau Paulo and Birmingham both got bids accepted so just gota wait and see!

Should I do an all nighter? I have a football game at half past 7 tomorrow evening which I can't miss, so I will be rather tired, but I want to do my FM save....help...

I say yep...go for it....I know I will be, although that's easy for me to say as I didn't get up till noon today:D

Yeah I'm up for a late night session with my Boca side. Questio though how much do you need to achieve to get on the club icon list, as I am by far the most succesful manager in the clbs istory and the are building a stadium named after me, but I'm not even listed as favoured personel lol.

It seems to vary from one game to the next, I've heard some people on here become favoured very quickly, while others spend many very successful years at a club and never appear on the list, I think it's very dependent on the size/previous success of the club.

I hope so mate! Oh that tip you gave me has helped me alot i have found some very useful players who are out of contract soon so i can sign them for free thanks mate saved me a lot of sovs

Glad to be able to help mate....I'll do all I can for anyone in the Prem who's got the guts to go up against mega rich Man city and the massively over strength (in-game) Arsenal:thup:

Cheers mate. I have done the double over Liverpool winning 2-1 both times and being 1-0 down both times. And i have done the same against Man City. I have beaten Chelsea once. Lost to Arsenal twice only 2-0 and 2-1. Drew with Man Utd and lost to them so i have quite a good record against them. Its hard but you gota wheel and deal and help from you has strengthed my team so much i cant thank you enough mate

And i deserved the results against the big sides i played well and battled. I really hope so it changes my luck. Is it wrong of me getting players for bargin prices by taking advantage of Hulls poor balance after being relegated? :(

2 games to go in the league i win them both i finish 7th.

True well i did one of their players for mine straight swap no cash involved so i helped them out in getting back up. Can i also just say Billy Sharp who i have loaned for 6 months has been so good hes scored goals when i needed them hes just got 2 in my 3-0 win over Hull. Very surprising but nice. I have been without Elmander for msot of the season and struggled for goals.

Sharp scored the only goal in our 1-0 last day of the season win over Blackburn helping me finishing 7th which im over the moon with. Im tempted to sign him if the price is not to high. 5 goals in 6(4) games, considering he wasnt getting in the Sheffield Utd side i think thats a good record for a prem player. Yes when Elmander played he was quality him and Davies were a good partnership. Until Arry kept declarin his intrest him that upset Elmander who then wanted to leave :( But he got injured and has come into light training and now wants to stay. Quite a few players will be getting new improved deals after this season in the way they have played.

I just saw i got into Europe!! Yeah im gona bid for him. Owen is approach to sign!!! Shame i cant offer him what he wants :( But will offer 40 grand a week as he wants 43 grand a week. Doubt he will join though alot of clubs intrested. Im really annoyed at Liverpool saying they want Jussi Jaasklainen(spelling :S) as they need a back up.

Edit: Owen accepted me but i just saw he is out for 2 months :(

Gutted

Owen accepted me but i just saw he is out for 2 months :( Gutted

Make sure you shortlist Owen, praise him as much as possible, which should unsettle him, he may keep rejecting contracts from his current club, leaving you free to swoop when his contract is within 6 months of expiring, and he's recovered from his injury.:thup:

Yeah i have done just waiting for the injury to go to i can sign. Sevilla and my Bolton are the only teams after him so thats good. Am looking forward to next season wont buy to many players just bought a few freebies to strengthen me up i felt i was short of players last season i know it sounds stupid but i felt i could of got 6th instead of 7th. My budget for this season is 14 million so i must of earnt them alot of money to be given that amount. My aim this season is to maybe get to a final of a cup finish 7th or above and give Ueafa Cup a right good go.

Slipknot i did all that to owen praise and such and he accepted a new deal with Newcastle as they offered 40 grand more then me :(

Ouch...oh well, you can console yourself with the fact that he's injury prone and his club will be paying crazy wages to a player who's going to spend as much time on the treatment table as on the pitch:cool:

And hes 29 so not a future buy. I got offered a 2 year extension aswell which i gladly accepted :D Im currently looking at Bent as i feel i can get him back to his Charlton scoring days. 14 million to spend. Only need to sign a striker thanks to your tip earliar the squad now has more depth for my European tour :D

Edit: Just saw your group and seems an easy group you should qualify with ease. Hows the league going?

As you have a decent transfer kitty another search tip for you is search for all realistic targets in Spain and Brazil, almost every player should have a minimum fee release clause in their contract...on the subject of Brazillians you might want to check out Rafael Carioca, he's amazing and usually cheap early in the game;)

Edit: Just saw your group and seems an easy group you should qualify with ease. Hows the league going?

Yeah, hoping to qualify easily from the group, some major travelling for away games though, haven't played any league games yet, first one is Palermo at home in 2 days.

Archived