How's it going? *includes Payer naming...sort of*

No this isn't a thread were i'm wondering how your life is, or what you've been up to this weekend. Although I'm happy for discussion! I wondered how everyone was getting on with their save, and whether you are enjoying the game now the new patch is out. I know I am, Started with CSKA Moscow, and watching Lagner Vove (work it out) bang them in, whilst flirting with Real Madrid, i refused his transfer request. He reacts by scoring a hat trick against rivals Zenit, Happy days. So how is your game going? i've found the patch has made a difference, psychological or not.

Got to the semi-finals of the Champ's League with Bayern in my first season. (08-09) Dominated the Bundesliga.. wasn't all that fun.

I've noticed that 9.3 has given me a big advantage.. just about every game I play now, someone on the other team is red carded! Not that I'm complaining, but it is quite odd. At the start of the season, my first 6 Bundesliga matches had an opponent sent off. 4 straight reds, 2 two-yellows.

Very well with Bolton. Started it Saturday whilst watching the Pompy Everton game. Performing very well done the double over liverpool both times come from behind to win 2-1 :) and im 6th after 31 games and i was mena be avoiding relegation. Elmander wants to leave due to Arry declarin intrest all the time :mad:

Signed Stock from Doncaster for 700k and hes now worth 3.1 million hes been a amazing since he joined.

Gary Cahill is solid. The fans love the way we are playing football and i have managed to get gates up to 28 thousand which is un heard of at Bolton! No offence to Bolton fans!

Very enjoyable game :)

Currently on my second season with Arsenal, and it's going okay but could be better. A trophyless first season, but we did manage a 22 match unbeaten run in the league and made the semis in the Champions League. Theo Walcott and Vela have grown into amazing players; to the point where Vela is on a 68k per week contract and is a Key Player at the club.

I signed Etienne Capoue for 4.8mil from Toulouse. He was 19 and plays DM. Turned out to be an amazing signing.

About 13 matches into new season. Currently 2nd, three points behind United and in the semi finals of the League Cup and have qualified for the ECC knockout phase. I'm getting the best out of Adebayor and frequently recieving 52mil offers for Cesc Fabregas from Madrid. My transfer budget is at 52mil after selling a couple of players and recieving some more funds from the board. Right now, I'm hoping to build a team that will dominate on all fronts for next season, while claming at least one trophy this season and pushing United all the way.

Started unemployed and took over at Dorchester Town after four days - 1st season 9.3.0

2 points above relegation (and the sack) 9 points seperate the bottom 12 clubs with 10 games to go.

I have a squad of 17 players including 2 loans and my backroom staff are all crap :D

In my 16th season with Savona. In Serie A. Won it 3 years ago, then followed it with the worst title defence ever (8th IIRC). Finished 4th last year so back in the CL but got drawn vs Barca in the Quals. Won first leg 2-1. Awaiting the 2nd leg now.......

Ive just finished my 12th season at AFC Wimbledon and finished 3rd in the Prem so champions league here we come for the first time (our first time in europe at all for that matter). The board have just upped the stadium to around 35,000 and still got 35m in the bank so happy days!

I'm Spurs manager and in my first season finished 7th - P38 W 16 D 13 L 9 F 63 A49 61 PTS with Arsenal finishing 1st on 92 PTS, I was runners up in the f.a cup and made the quarter finals of the UEFA cup but still managed to qualify for europe

Now have just finished my second season finishing 2nd - P38 W26 D5 L7 F66 A30 PTS 83 with Arsenal finishing 1st on 87 PTS, I was runners up in the league cup, semi finalists in both f.a and UEFA cup so an excellent season and qualifying for the champions league

I have to say that Arsenal are so overated this year which seems to be unrealistic and scored 97 goals in the second season which also saw Norwich 20th with 3 wins 12 PTS and conceded 104 goals

My stadium has been expanded so holds about 55 000 and may look to bring in a new keeper (Akinfeev) a new left back (Sakho) and possibly a striker so i can compete in the champions league

in my forth season playing with peterborough united and in the prem!!!!!!!

started off with 2 wins from five in the league and a 6-2 thrasing of brentfornd in the LC 2nd round:D

Those saves are always the best lol.

In the Prem with Rushden n Diamonds atm, Jan 2014 atm and a safe 12th place in the League... we're not setting the league a light but we're not struggling too which is a plus, some helpful wins against the bottom teams has kept us up along with a 1-0 win over the 4 consecutive Champions Arsenal. They're not 5 points behind a revitalised Man Utd in 1st, they've not been in 1st since 2010... funny how the patch has turned the league upside down.

Currently coming towards the end of my 6th season in my Villa save. In the hunt for Champs League football for the 5th season in a row and in the semi final of the FA Cup. I've manged to win two trophies in my 5 seasons - the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup. Just got offered the Everton job, which i kindly rejected :p

I'm loving the game and can't bring myself to start a new save with the 9.3.0 database because I started this game before the latest patch came out.

Beat Liverpool 1-0 in the league today. (United) Tevez got a goal to end his drought. Good payback after the last match IRL .....

Haven't lost a single league game and only 1 draw. Arsenal is faaaar down as well, so all's good :D

Currently in second season with A.C. Milan. First season finished 3rd, disappointingly 8 points behind Roma in 1st.

Won the EURO Cup beating Everton on penalties in the final.

Now in April of second season, Top of the league (5 pts clear) and into the Semi Finals of the CL.

I'm Spurs manager and in my first season finished 7th - P38 W 16 D 13 L 9 F 63 A49 61 PTS with Arsenal finishing 1st on 92 PTS, I was runners up in the f.a cup and made the quarter finals of the UEFA cup but still managed to qualify for europe

Now have just finished my second season finishing 2nd - P38 W26 D5 L7 F66 A30 PTS 83 with Arsenal finishing 1st on 87 PTS, I was runners up in the league cup, semi finalists in both f.a and UEFA cup so an excellent season and qualifying for the champions league

I have to say that Arsenal are so overated this year which seems to be unrealistic and scored 97 goals in the second season which also saw Norwich 20th with 3 wins 12 PTS and conceded 104 goals

My stadium has been expanded so holds about 55 000 and may look to bring in a new keeper (Akinfeev) a new left back (Sakho) and possibly a striker so i can compete in the champions league

Sakho would be much better for you as a cb, you might want to take a look at Kolodzieczak for left back, only thing is he's very young in the second season, but in my AC Milan save in 2012 he's 22 yrs old, my first choice left back and doing great, even grabbed a couple of goals for me:thup:

4 games into my 8th season at Leicester City in the Premiership. Finished 2nd last year to Arsenal, who have won all 7 titles so far.

Made 3 signings for my first foray into the Champions League. A brilliant regen right winger, a brilliant regen attacking midfielder, and Scott Carson (mainly to help with homegrown quotas, but also so West Brom don't have him).

I've won 3 out of 4 games so far this season, only West Brom (See bogey team thread) stopping me. This includes wins over a declining Chelsea and unstoppable Arsenal. Chairman Milan Mandaric has decided he wants to sell as well, so I've got the excitement of a takeover to come up, not that we need it.

We won our first Champions League game 4-3 against Ajax, and I believe we can win it, and the league.

playing as utd after a slow start 3 draws 1 defeat first 4 games including 0-1 home defeat by bolton!!!!(influenced by loads injuries at start /Olympics etc) now on a 9 game winning streak and up to 3rd......

But it is November and Berba still hasnt scored yet!!!!!!!

tried everything it aint happening for him luckily others are!

Had to sell Tevez and nani to get some transfer money in got rid of kuzsak....... raised 37m

for some reason had a brainstorm signed veira for 5.5m/ and martins 8.75m..............then got adriano 11m/jenas 8m...sanchez 8m from udinese

of the signings only sanchez is worth a start creating loads on either wing

viera covering hargreaves.................martins/adriano have 5 goals between them!!!!

tried everything to get lloris even got 15m accepted 3 times by lyon but he turned me down every time.................even on 130k a week!!!!!!

I am using ronnie more as a striker than on wing after injury he has got 12 goals in 14 games ...but if he gets injured?????

Have an easy champs league group basel/olympiakos/sporting won all games so far.

bottom line is unless I get a goalscoring striker wont win league..........thinking of binning berba and or adriano in january but getting a non cup tied striker in is slim

Second season now with Altrincham in League 2 having gained promotion from the BSP. I might pay a lot more attention to detail than many players here as it's taken me nearly three weeks and just into my second season lol!

That said, I somehow managed to end my first season P46 W46 in the BSP, won the Conf Cup and the FA Trophy. Lost 4-1 in the 4th round of the FA Cup to Arsenal.

Season two and still flying. P13 W13 in League 2, have beaten Leeds Utd (now Championship), Stoke City (also now Championship), Burnley (Championship) to get a 4th round League Cup tie away to Everton, which I've yet to play. My cup run will most likely end there though.

Johnstones Paint Trophy is going well too.

The best thing that I'm enjoying about this save is that is my only current save. I've also used no editors, save/reloaded or cheated in any other way, which makes it probably the most enjoyable save I've ever played on FM. I must stress that by "attention to detail", I mean scouting players for potential constantly, preparing fully for matches by checking their form, their players, etc... I also take my time to be careful and selective with the media and press conferences.

Oh happy days!

Started unemployed and I picked up the Blackpool job. Predicted 24th in the Championship but due to a good start where I reached the dizzying heights of 4th, I'm currently mid table and the board are very pleased with me.

However, I was just 3-1 up to Coventry and lost 4-3, so I'm not happy.

Started with Sunday League footballer experience at Lurgan Celtic in the Northern Irish 2nd division. Managed to pick up some good young talent to add to the thin existing squad i had, which in turn helped me get them into the Northern Irish Premier division within 4 years and win the Premier division title after 6 years along with a couple of cup wins. Didn't manage to get further than the Champions league 3rd round knockout stage though.

After 7 years of fairly good success at Lurgan Celtic, Ross County of the Scottish 2nd division came knocking so i decided to take the job there after feeling i had achieved all i could at Lurgan. A couple of my back room staff also followed me out the door and with me to Ross County. Currently in 2017 and my 2nd season with Ross County after gaining automatic promotion from the Scottish 2nd division in my first season. Again, with the help of my back room staff, i've managed to get a few decent youngsters with decent potential (so my staff tell me), so hopefully i'll have a bit of success at Ross County......this season may well be a tough one though as we've been touted as odds on favourite to go straight back down!

Sakho would be much better for you as a cb, you might want to take a look at Kolodzieczak for left back, only thing is he's very young in the second season, but in my AC Milan save in 2012 he's 22 yrs old, my first choice left back and doing great, even grabbed a couple of goals for me:thup:

Ok thanks for the advice buddy

I shall take a look at Kolodzieczak as a new left back, I know Sakho can play either left or centre back but would you say he is better as a centre back then? :D

Morning People!

I have decided to give you all an update on the Fulham save I am going through atm, its still in pre-season so hopefully it'll entertain you all for a moment whilst your all at work (as I am too)

I told the chairman I could achieve mid table status and he offered me 7mil to spend.

I tried to buy Pires but he wouldnt join me on contract levels. :-(

Petit cost too much at 4.4m

I have made the following awesome signings!!

Skeljbred-absolutely class for his age, stats are remarkable

Oswaldo Sanchez-I have never signed this guy before but am glad to finally have a chance to see how he copes.

Greegor van Dijk-One I found myself with my Nurnberg game, very good DMC stats, give him a try.

Nacho Novo-on loan for the season to back up Johnson and Zamora as Nevland won't cut it imo.

ANNNND the one big story so far was Villa bidding 9.5m for Hangelnand, I stalled it in case higher bids came in but there were NO good defenders available on the basic search filter to replace him so i decided to keep hold of him, anyone got any good ideas as a replacement who can get a work permit.

Let me know!

Hope this has given you a little enjoyment briefly.

playing as utd after a slow start 3 draws 1 defeat first 4 games including 0-1 home defeat by bolton!!!!(influenced by loads injuries at start /Olympics etc) now on a 9 game winning streak and up to 3rd......

But it is November and Berba still hasnt scored yet!!!!!!!

tried everything it aint happening for him luckily others are!

Had to sell Tevez and nani to get some transfer money in got rid of kuzsak....... raised 37m

for some reason had a brainstorm signed veira for 5.5m/ and martins 8.75m..............then got adriano 11m/jenas 8m...sanchez 8m from udinese

of the signings only sanchez is worth a start creating loads on either wing

viera covering hargreaves.................martins/adriano have 5 goals between them!!!!

tried everything to get lloris even got 15m accepted 3 times by lyon but he turned me down every time.................even on 130k a week!!!!!!

I am using ronnie more as a striker than on wing after injury he has got 12 goals in 14 games ...but if he gets injured?????

Have an easy champs league group basel/olympiakos/sporting won all games so far.

bottom line is unless I get a goalscoring striker wont win league..........thinking of binning berba and or adriano in january but getting a non cup tied striker in is slim

How many has Rooney got?

Started a new game with Chelmsford (localish kind of team) in the BSS.

Got a goodish squad already but made some good free signings (can’t remember them off by heart as I’m at work atm)

Managed to win promotion to the BSP in my first season, going up as winners.

Squad needed strengthening in my 2nd season, so got a good bunch of players that were released by prem/champ teams. Best signing was Tomi Ameobi (brother of Shola) from Doncaster, scored about 15ish league goals.

Told the board that I would finish in the top half but didn’t start to good. First 7games all finished in draws and one loss. But I managed to turn it around and started to climb up the table. Had a big squad 25+ but needed it as I got basically everyone on full time contracts so there were a lot of injuries creeping in. Went on an unbelievable run between Jan – March and was 3 points off top spot with 5ish games to go but a difficult running had me slip down to 5th and just about managed to scrap a play-off spot on the last game of the season against Notts County (Who were top but finished 2nd thanks to me).

I then thought by making the play-offs would just mean a bit more money for the club but could have never predicted what would happen in the P-O.

Drew 1-1 at home in first leg against NC and then went to their ground to defend like hell! Drew 2-2 and thought I was through but then remembered that away goals didn’t count (GUTTED) I then managed to beat them 4-3 on pens. Then had to play Kettering in the final and again thought it would just be an extra couple of quid I could get for the club, but I somehow managed to beat them 3-0 in the final at Wembley and got promoted to league 2! Got 350K gate receipts from that game and I have just about finished pre-season in my 3rd season.

Again had to bring in a lot of players for this season for me to even manage to stay up. Will play out this season and see where I finish. Board expectation is to try and avoid relegation but I put it down as avoid relegation (I have faith!!)

Will try and update you in the future if I get the chance!

Anyway for now happy gaming!!!!!

I think I am enjoying this FM version (9.03) more than any other, i'm finding it a bit fairer, and my tactics etc are finally working with some level of success, and am finally progressing nicely with Portsmouth halfway through the fifth season. Moved to them two seasons ago from Sheffield Wednesday and am currently occupying the fourth champions league spot and my expensive italian striker has finally remembered how to hit a cow's backside with a banjo......

How many has Rooney got?

Rooney has got 6 in 18

ronnie got another 2 against blackburn so without him I would be in the pooh:D

just got beat away to olympiacas with a weakened team but berba still hasnt scored thats 20 appearances now:thdn:

lost patience put him up for sale barca and city have offered 30m for him stalling at this stage would love a swap with eto but cant see that happening .....want villa but that wont happen either.

got larsson on loan for season so going with him ONCE AGAIN! I always bring him in and he does a great job but he is getting on a bit now:mad:

will look for a stop gap(who can play in europe) and then bring in someone in summer..........think it might be owen:(

forgot I got fleck joining from rangers in window initially for 2.5m could rise to 5m one for the future though...would be interested if anyone else has bought him and how he does

Vagner Love can't stop scoring on mine even though he wants to go. He's carrying me a bit, although i haven't lost this season yet, just came through a 2-2 away against Rubin, his 86th min goal saved me. top by a long way. 11 points to be exact.

Vagner Love can't stop scoring on mine even though he wants to go. He's carrying me a bit, although i haven't lost this season yet, just came through a 2-2 away against Rubin, his 86th min goal saved me. top by a long way. 11 points to be exact.

Love has been signed by Madrid in my game ............but isnt doing that well might try and take him off their hands:thup:

Have decided to bin Berba still hasnt scored so he is on way in window to inter for 31m(strange this I put him up for sale lots of offers but all paying over 2 years..............want cash now only CITY offering 31m up front so agreed deal....................then had a sleepless night thinking that he will start scoring there big time and come back to bite me.........so used the good old FMRTE future transfer option and changed the deal to inter.......but when I checked in game the changes showed up but the fee wa for 63m?????

Tried again and again with FMRTE to adjust it back to 31m it shows up correct there but wont change in game?

when the deal goes ahead will adjust my budget accordingly dont want to cheat just want the noney I would have got !)

I have also let Martins go he is off to Roma for 8m

viera sold to Fiorentina for 6m(he was only bought to cover Hargreaves thought his injury in game was the season long one but he was fit before end of August !) so dont need him

so got 45m coming in........................

got Owen as he is not banned for europe(might be a mistake) for only 3m as contract running out

fleck from rangers initialy 2.5m

finally got lloris 16m he usually turns contract down ..did offer him 130k at one stage(just to see if he would sign).....crazy thing he only wants 20k a week so happy days...

so I have 26m in total in window to get a striker in .....or keep ronnie up top(he is going at a goal a game................he got 4 in world club final) and get a class winger in as cover instead

Archived