Budget Transfer Noob Question

Sorry for the noobish question fellas but i'm still new to FM09 as well as the fabulous sport of Football. I'm approaching January 09 in my 1st season with Man U and I'm wondering when the board usually gives you more money for the transfer budget. I'm curious as Man u doesn't start with a large tranfers budget and I only have about 1mil left and i haven't even started resigning players with expiring contracts for Jun 09. Thanks FM community.

Its not standard that you will recieve more money, however some clubs give you more money when they are doing well but this does not occur often, you could always ask the board for more transfer funds or more wage funds which you could then move to the transfer kitty.

If you bring in a large amount of profit during the season, your chairman will sometimes top up your transfer budget.

Also, have you tried moving funds from your wage budget into your transfer budget?

If not sell some players, you will get a lot of money for some of your talent, but IMO, Man Utd does not need much strengthening in the first season, but hey, its your game!

Archived