Hope I can get advice for this database issue

Hi guys I have asked this elsewhere however no response yet i think it may be because not many people look at the other forums more people seem to be here! lol

Anyhoo I installed FM09 on purchase on my laptop and have a save game on there which I would like to play on my desktop the database I used was an edited one where I added a few friends on there as managers of local clubs (sad you may think!) I have recently brushed off the loft dust on my PC and set it up in our spare room.

Now I installed FM fine on my desktop no problem.

I have copied the Norwich save file over and also the database file which was the one I originally started the save game on. When I go to load the save game an error message comes up saying it cannot find the database it used and reverts to the original database to use instead. So all the time consuming effort I made to the database to customise it my way has gone to waste.

Has anyone tried to continue a save game from an edited database to another pc? if so how do I get round this issue?

i have just found that the database was copied into the sports interactive db folder on "My Documents"

However when I went into C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\db the only entry was 900 which I believe is the original DB. Do you think this may work now?

Unfortunatly I cannot test it since I have left my mem stick and laptop at home and i am at my in laws they have the internet whereas I do not at home

Sorry what I meant was the original database was in both locations however my edited database was just in my documents whereas it was not in the location below.

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\db

=two seperate locations if that makes sense! lol

The edited database needs to go into the same location that it was on the old computer to work with the new computer (this is normaly within the My Documents folder) - easy way to test to see whether the game has picked up the database is to start a new game and it will ask you which database you want to use, if your edited database is there then the game can see it.

Archived