Do people learn to play with both feet?

I have done it, i cant see why virtual people cant.

But i think you can try and make a player adapt to another side of the field, and set one of their PPM's to make them Run Down The Left/Right flank.

Heh... brings back memories...

My school football team had no naturally left-footed players. I usually played on the right wing (naturally right-footed) or up front and as we had plenty of good right-footers who could play at right wing, I volounteered to play left wing. My sports teacher agreed as I was fairly good with my weaker foot, but encouraged me to improve more by suggesting that I only cross and shoot with my left foot. If he spotted me trying to use my right foot to shoot or cross from the left, I owed him 20 pressups for each occasion.

Needless to say, the use of my left foot improved very quickly with practice and I'll always have him to thank that eventually during my playing career (well, semi-pro and senior amateur ;) ), I was equally comfortable with either foot.

I really wish there was a "threaten pressups button" to encourage my virtual players to improve their weaker foot!! :D

Heh... brings back memories...

My school football team had no naturally left-footed players. I usually played on the right wing (naturally right-footed) or up front and as we had plenty of good right-footers who could play at right wing, I volounteered to play left wing. My sports teacher agreed as I was fairly good with my weaker foot, but encouraged me to improve more by suggesting that I only cross and shoot with my left foot. If he spotted me trying to use my right foot to shoot or cross from the left, I owed him 20 pressups for each occasion.

Needless to say, the use of my left foot improved very quickly with practice and I'll always have him to thank that eventually during my playing career (well, semi-pro and senior amateur ;) ), I was equally comfortable with either foot. And i dont want to have to replace my current world class AMC just so I can have the luxury of a two-footed player to play that position.

I really wish there was a "threaten pressups button" to encourage my virtual players to improve their weaker foot!! :D

I did the same, although my strengthening of my left foot was down to my own discipline, and not encouraged but anyone but myself.

Playing on the left wing, being right footed means that the opposing defender will know that you would be more comfortable cutting inside, i realised this and decided that i would like to have a mental advantage over my opponent, knowing that i could switch to my left foot, run down the flank and swing in a cross, or cut inside, put in a through ball or take a shot.

Training began, and although it was just kicking a ball against a wall and only using my left foot to play the rebound, or simply going over the park and smashing the ball everywhere with Mr. Lefty, my left foot became much stronger and when i was more confident with it, i started using it in matches.

In FM, i believe there should be an option to ask a player to train his other foot, rather than the training coming with positions, as it would be a massive benefit to have two footed players in key positions, AMC would be a great place to have a two footed player.

I did the same, although my strengthening of my left foot was down to my own discipline, and not encouraged but anyone but myself.

Playing on the left wing, being right footed means that the opposing defender will know that you would be more comfortable cutting inside, i realised this and decided that i would like to have a mental advantage over my opponent, knowing that i could switch to my left foot, run down the flank and swing in a cross, or cut inside, put in a through ball or take a shot.

Training began, and although it was just kicking a ball against a wall and only using my left foot to play the rebound, or simply going over the park and smashing the ball everywhere with Mr. Lefty, my left foot became much stronger and when i was more confident with it, i started using it in matches.

In FM, i believe there should be an option to ask a player to train his other foot, rather than the training coming with positions, as it would be a massive benefit to have two footed players in key positions, AMC would be a great place to have a two footed player.

I trained myself to be both footed through American football, before I knew about soccer. (For the sake of this post, and to prevent any confusion, the beautiful game will be known as 'soccer'. It is the only time I did use soccer..)

There are two kicking roles, namely the 'placekicker' and 'punter'. I can only kick with my left as a 'placekicker' and only with my right as a 'punter'. The habit kind of went into soccer. I can only kick with my left in set pieces and only with my right on volleys. :D

I still do admit I feel more comfortable playing from the right side (my stronger foot) as right midfielder or right back, but I can play on the left side of the pitch.

And a nice suggestion there stevie. :thup:

Totally agree! Would be great option for training.

Or to make it more confusing, you could have a technique for left and right foot, so if you do manage to get a two footed player the dominant foot could have 18/19 at crossing and the weaker 15 or so.

kkas - the two footed issue is trying to make a player two footed, as most regens are right only so it makes it harder to have a good left sided player.

Archived