My comments...Oh no! I've just upset 2 players...help please.

Ok so i am managing Rushden & Diamonds and i've just had a good first opening day win against York.

Journalist has asked me what i thought about 2 performances of my players after the game...

and i chose two different answers for both players....

1. You have said that you were pleased with Fresi's performance but indicated you would rather focus on the team rather than individuals.

2. You have said that you were pleased with Van Heiningen's debut and are sure he will become a good signing for the club.

Now, Fresi is "determined to prove that he can be a good signing for the club after the managers recent remarks"....

and Van Heiningen is "concerned that the manager may be expecting too much from him following recent interview with the media"

The overall morale of the players is not "poor" - it is still "good" - so at least that hasn't been affected.

Can anyone help me to try and rectify the consequences of my comments. I thought i was pretty fair in my comments. :(

Offer them a new contract.

Otherwise it will go away after a couple of months

Ah ok..I hope so.

I just won my next home match 6-1 and they both played with an 8 rating by full-time, so hopefully this means i havent done too much damage.

Archived