No PC!!!!

Anyone else without a PC at the moment?

I have now been without one for 3 months, I only have a 7 year old laptop that cant run FM09, it struggled with 08 when it was working but its gone downhill recently, struggling with most tasks!. Im saving up for a nice i7 based gaming rig to the value of £1500 but cant get it until July time! I am not one to buy mid range, really looking to "future proof" if there is such a thing.

I think I will be buying FM10 but sadly I dont feel like I got my moneys worth out of FM09 because I only got 2 months out of it before my PC blew up! I think its a Jan purchase for me, it will be all about how easy it is to edit with the database. I liked FM08 for the leagueswappability, new word coined?

Anyone else in a more sorry situation or got any advice?

Why not buy FM2010 next february?

That way the last patch will be released, and you get an extra 7 months to play 09!

And i know how you feel, I am yet to enjoy 09 as my laptop is as old as yours, but fortunately somehow it just scrapes the minimum specs. Although it is painfully slow :(

Why not buy FM2010 next february?

That way the last patch will be released, and you get an extra 7 months to play 09!

And i know how you feel, I am yet to enjoy 09 as my laptop is as old as yours, but fortunately somehow it just scrapes the minimum specs. Although it is painfully slow :(

Seems good advice, I have put a lot into my FM09 database and hardly used it! my laptop was 1.2GHz when new and has 248MB of RAM. It has no 3D capability and even with a windows reinstall chugges along barely. I hope FM10 is a little more editor friendly but not holding out much hope, SI cant please everyone, that is understood by all and sometimes something has to give.

Thanks again m8

Im not just a FM player, I like many sports game and now they are getting more and more demanding. Plus I have always had a dream of owning a proper well cooled gaming rig with mid-top range specs. I hope it will allow fast FM gaming for many years to come. Its a good thing I dont have any other expensive vices (or a family)!

You payed £1500 for a new PC, AND your paying for a wedding, I can see why your money is dissapearing!

FWIW, i believe it is traditional for the brides father to pay for the wedding, im not sure if this applies to the wealthy, but you could have given it a shot, it would have saved you money.

LOL, they are paying! Im just talking about the little things I have to buy, engagement and wedding ring, bridesmaids presents and other little things. I havent yet got the new PC, i dont get things on credit, i save up and buy them straight off so I have a few months left to go!

Archived