Promotion From Within

Maybe SI can shed some light on this......

How can you have a "promotion from within" if the only board member you have is the chairman looking to sell the club? I've had a few friends asking me about this which don't have internet access and I've got to the point where I want to be able to give them an answer or have an answer ready if anyone else asks me.

The only logical explanation I can think of is if the game creates a director but with the other "valid takeovers" surely the game wouldn't need to do this and could just create a person that would fit into a category of these on show when you look in the EDT files.

Apologies if I make little or no sense, I haven't exactly got the best way of explaining things at the best of times lol

The club has more than 1 board member, but only the chairman shows up on the staff screen. The others are not considered important enough to be listed. The name of the chairman will change when the takeover is complete.

Hope that helps :D:thup:

Hamilton162

Cheers mate, I just assumed where it's got alot of other board mambers with aload of teams, Man Utd with the whole Glazer Family when you click on staff shows up, Southampton have got Michael Wilde and a couple of others that these would be the people that would be more likely to take over as a "promotion within" not some random guy that seems to have no profile on the FM Database!

Cheers for clearing that up mate

The only logical explanation I can think of is if the game creates a director but with the other "valid takeovers" surely the game wouldn't need to do this and could just create a person that would fit into a category of these on show when you look in the EDT files.

The valid takeover EDT file lists the type of takeovers prevented, not allowed.

The club has more than 1 board member, but only the chairman shows up on the staff screen.

Not true. My Billericay Town side had a chairman and two directors listed on the staff screen. I now have a chairman and one director following an internal takeover.

Archived