Huge Penalty Shoot-out glitch

I led my team to the playoffs. We reach the final and it goes into penalties. My keeper doesn't even flinch or move when every single one of the oppositions penalties were taken. They took 6 pens and my keeper did not move once. I'll post up the vid of the game of the game file soon. I'm just angry that my team deserved to reach the prem, we get so close and then i get a glitch that wreck my whole season and maybe costs me my job

I would think that the keeper's movement is merely for show - the real calculation as to whether he makes the save or not is made underneath the graphics engine, and regardless of which way the keeper seemed to move, the result would have been a failure to make the save. Annoying, but I doubt it made a difference to the result.

I would think that the keeper's movement is merely for show - the real calculation as to whether he makes the save or not is made underneath the graphics engine, and regardless of which way the keeper seemed to move, the result would have been a failure to make the save. Annoying, but I doubt it made a difference to the result.

My keeper didn't even dive or jump or anything he just did not move at all

My keeper didn't even dive or jump or anything he just did not move at all

Yes, and that is obviously a glitch. However, from a practical perspective, if I understand the game correctly, the graphics are just a facade. The calculations on whether a save or not is made are distinct from the graphics engine, which merely tries to portray what has already been calculated.

In other words, it doesn't really matter whether the keeper moves or not - the game had already decided that he wouldn't make the save. It's a graphical bug, but not one that cost you the game.

Again, that is if I understand it correctly.

...Again, that is if I understand it correctly.

And you do. All we are doing is watching a movie of what the game has decided has already happened. SI tried to make that even clearer this year, with the DVR controls for the timeline bar...

The fact you didn't see your keep so much as flinch means nothing. The outcome had already been decided, ever since you last saw "Applying Tactics Changes" or whatever it is in the commentary bar.

Be that as it may, are you patched to 9.3? I'm 96.8% sure what you are describing was a bug that was squashed in 9.2...If you are patched, you should post this in the bugs forum and follow the ftp procedures there to get SI a copy of your .pkm.

Archived