2nd season blues

dnt know y but every game i have ever played of fm in the last 4 years or so, my 1st season is amazing, i build my team and usually do well. when i get into the 2nd season do i feel like i ruin my team, feel like i weaken it to bring in a few better players and it never seems to work for me 2nd season.

Its ok to keep the exact same team if ur a man u or chelsea doing well, but i am qpr in my current game and have just been promoted to the prem, we wer predicted to come 12th the year before so needless to say my team aint good enough for the prem and needs strengthend. anyone any ideas why i might struggle to get through the 2nd season? or any1 similar to me and have this prob?

You may be signing too many new faces who are taking their time to gel hence some bad results. It can snowball from there with a decline in morale etc. I try to stick to signing 2 new first-teamers and maybe an extra squad player or 2 per transfer window if possible. As you wont be expected to win things straight away, its ok to take your time to build your team. It took me 9 years to win the Prem with Newcastle but it was worth it in the end. :)

It may also be that you were "favorites" in the Championship, so you were able to play a more attacking mentality/style, but now as a mid-table/relegation side, you may need to adopt a slightly more defensive/balanced approach to compensate for other teams playing a more attacking style against you. Good luck! :):thup:

Archived