Player Order During Match

It's a minor aesthetic niggle, but one that continually bugs me... Why oh why oh why oh why oh why can't the players be listed in the same order during matches that they are when selected?

In case it really is just me having this problem, I play 4-5-1 so my team looks like this;

GK, DR, DL, DC, DC, DMC, MC, MC, AMR, AML, ST

And that's the order they appear in the tactics screen before a match. But from when I first set up the tactic in FM09, they've been listed during matches in this order;

GK, DR, DL, DC, DMC, DC, AMR, AML, MC, ST, MC

And I've just rebuilt the tactic from scratch during my last off-season, and now they're listed in this order;

GK, AML, DR, DL, DC, DC, AMR, MC, MC, DMC, ST

I know it's a tiny little thing, but it really bugs me and I wish I could work out why on Earth it happens!

this happens by dragging and dropping players on the tactic screen, hard to explain what I mean but if you look from your last game for instance BenArsenal, look down your list of players and see where you want your DMC, then on the main tactic screen drag the little shirt and hover over the shirt of the player who's name appears where you want your DMC's name to be. Then repick your players and play another game and you will find his name moved. I hope that makes sense it is hard to explain

Madmike, I know it worked like that in earlier versions, but it seems more hardwired than that this time around; as I say, I've rebuilt all my tactics from scratch, so all I've done so far is call up the standard 4-5-1, pushed the wingers up and pulled the central of the three midfielders back (to get the shape I play), then selected a team so I can sort the individual instructions out. Then I bung that team out for a match, no-one moved about in the tactics screen at all, and the order's shot to hell :confused:

God, this winds me up something chronic too! To fix it, you need to go into your tactics screen in between matches and move you players around, but NOT by dragging one position onto another so they switch. For example, if your DMC is the tenth player on the list (which should be the AML, in your formation), then move the AML to an unused spot on the pitch (one space to the right, say), then move your DMC into the AML position, then create a space where your AML needs to go (it's the second on the stats screen so should be the DR), and keep going until you're in the right order. You'll then need to redo the player instructions as your AML will have your DMC's instructions. Either that or you can clear your selection, select the default formation for you, then readjust all the positions' instructions.

Archived