Is it Cheating?

I'm just wondering with all the threads and countless downloads of other peoples tactics, is it cheating? i've been playing football manager since year dot and never used another players tactic but i am considering it? has anyone else been in this situation? what are peoples opinion about it?

I use some pre made tactics from others...

most of the time I will edit them depending on the players i have at hand.

I will always keep the creators name in the name of it though

so if i do post up tactics anywhere there is a reference to them.

just a little way of showing gratitude.

I have to admit that I always use someone else's tactic, it's either that or I wuold never win. I have tried to create my own tactics but I can never, never, never make anything that is even remotely successful. I never thought of it to be cheating because even though it is not my tactic, I still have to find the right players to make it work. I should try to make my own and I try reading the tactics guides. I appreciate the effort put into those guides as I know it took a lot of work. It just never would sink in long enough for me to make one that would actually work for me.

While it isn't cheating, it's also selling yourself short. Take their tactics and watch them, sure. However to really master the game and get the most enjoyment, learn why these tactics work, then create your own based on similar principals.

Ha Ha loved the mouriniho ribbing i suppose it isn't cheating cause everyone learns from someone even the great kinnear(joke). So i'll try and build my own off others ideas and find a good one for me.

No.

Look at that one not so special anyway Portuguese manager whom just copy other manager's tactic and blabbing on English papers like he is some inventor.

haha what a joker. who's tactics has he stolen, pray tell? by that logic are you saying that everyone who plays a 4-4-2 is a plagiarist of Sir Alf Ramsey?

Archived