Fm & Real Life Football

Reading in another thread someone posted about how TV income is changed in the game to make it more playable.

I was wondering what else have SI changed/Altered from the way its done in real life to make the game playable

or to make the game work?

For example in real life do transfers go through them exact stages we see in FM?

Reading in another thread someone posted about how TV income is changed in the game to make it more playable.

I was wondering what else have SI changed/Altered from the way its done in real life to make the game playable

or to make the game work?

For example in real life do transfers go through them exact stages we see in FM?

The use of agents would be something that makes transfers more life realistic and its very rarely the managers duty to negotiate terms - that is left to the board. The manager will probably have an initial meeting with the player to discuss policies, team role, future vision etc. Prior to this though, the board would ask what your transfer targets are to find out if they are realistic, affordable and if the player is interested.

I personally though wouldnt like this included, doing my own transfers and negotiating contracts is a big part of the fun. If this was taken away to make it closer to real life then obviously a big part of the fun has gone IMO.

The use of agents would be something that makes transfers more life realistic and its very rarely the managers duty to negotiate terms - that is left to the board. The manager will probably have an initial meeting with the player to discuss policies, team role, future vision etc. Prior to this though, the board would ask what your transfer targets are to find out if they are realistic, affordable and if the player is interested.

I personally though wouldnt like this included, doing my own transfers and negotiating contracts is a big part of the fun. If this was taken away to make it closer to real life then obviously a big part of the fun has gone IMO.

Totally agree with you. The bidding, negotiating and buying of players is probably one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. If SI were to remove this it would without a doubt dull the game down alot. But hey....we're talking about this like it's going to happen and we all know this will never happen....will it SI? WILL IT!? :p

Totally agree with you. The bidding, negotiating and buying of players is probably one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. If SI were to remove this it would without a doubt dull the game down alot. But hey....we're talking about this like it's going to happen and we all know this will never happen....will it SI? WILL IT!? :p

I would say it wont. This is one part of the game where playability should overcome reality.

Archived