Team playing in Euro cup AND Champ league in same season

I just posted this in the bug forum but I wanted to post in here as well in case any of you guys have seen this.

In my second season as Barca manager and I've just noticed Real Madrid won both the Champions league and the Euro cup in the same season.

Madrid finished 2nd in the league the previous season so there's no reason for them not to be in the Champions league.

????

Are you sure?

Is it possible to have a screenshot?

When my missus gets home ( ten minutes ) I'll post one of Madrids fixtures and both finals ( I don't know how to post images)

Bizzare is'nt it, never seen a bug quite like it!

Lets say they finished third in the Champions league group, with same goal difference, same goals scored and same goals conceded, with the second placed team, would that play a part?

Im not sure exactly what happens in these situatiions, but maybe it could be a facctor and the game didnt know what to do?

Lets say they finished third in the Champions league group, with same goal difference, same goals scored and same goals

The results in the games between the 2 teams are taken into account before goal difference in the CL... if 2nd and 3rd had two 0-0 draws, it may have contributed to this.

Edit......above screenies didn't appear till I'd posted, it ain't that then, very strange indeed!:confused:

Wow, Real Madrid played in the group stages of both competitions? Their squad must have been immense, seeing that they can manage three games a week regularly and still go all the way to both cup finals.

Especially considering they sometimes would probably have played on both the wednesday and thursday of the same week. Thats squad rotation at its best, maybe Rafa is manager?

Especially considering they sometimes would probably have played on both the wednesday and thursday of the same week. Thats squad rotation at its best, maybe Rafa is manager?

Clearly not! They're still mounting a serious league challenge ;)

• SI Staff
I think it's just a very rare and very odd bug. Hopefully someone from SI can comment on it as I'm sure Ter would of passed this on to the relevant people.

I've not spoken to anyone about it as yet with it being the weekend. Have you posted anything about it in the Bugs Forum as our QA guys are the people who will deal with this?

I've not spoken to anyone about it as yet with it being the weekend. Have you posted anything about it in the Bugs Forum as our QA guys are the people who will deal with this?

Yeah I posted it in the bugs forum.

When my missus gets home ( ten minutes ) I'll post one of Madrids fixtures and both finals ( I don't know how to post images)

Bizzare is'nt it, never seen a bug quite like it!

Did no-one else find it hilarious that the OP had to wait for his wife to show him how to post images!? :D

But I've got a question to you, digsy11 - what the European Super Cup match will be? Real vs Real? Did you played to August and that match?

Real played Chelsea the following season. I'm in the third season of that save now.

Real played Chelsea the following season. I'm in the third season of that save now.

You are probably very lucky, because in the other case it might be match between Real and real :) And then game could crasg. I'm happy that I don't play in FM 09 :) I like 08 more :]

Yeah they won the Club World Cup.

There squad was no bigger than normal and the players were'nt overly tired TBF. They also lost to me in the Spanish Cup final that season and finished 2nd about 4 points behind me.

The skin is KLASA, if you check out post 33 there's a link to the thread I downloaded it from :thup:

Archived