I am Man United in the 08/09 season. As we enter the last week of the season we are currently in 1st position, 3 points ahead of Chelsea. We have Arsenal (who are in third) for our final game.

I was confident in securing at least a point against Arsenal. The day before the game and I get two messages 1 about Tevez rallying the troups for the final day of the season and the other saying that receivers had een brought in because of the clubs debt meaning we are docked 9 points, end up losing the game to Arsenal and finishing 3rd! :mad:

I was under my wage budget all season and had a little of my transfer money left. So I guess my question is how can this happen!? I realise that United have a lot of debt etc. but the amount of money they make more than covers the payments so why is this not the case in FM??? :confused:

The truth?

Well the truth is they didn't want English clubs to get the 60million TV revenue they get in real life so they give them a set 29.5mil TV revenue deal, they also reduced the amount you earn via sponsers etc.

They nerf Uniteds income but not their debts = club goes broke. Its unrealistic and stupid. They should either make Man Utd pay over longer period or reduce their monthly debt payment installments, because they don't wanna give premier league clubs the TV revenue they get in real life as it would unbalance the game and make english clubs dominate (which again in real life they do).

Archived