Weaker foot ?

Why is it there in the first place ?

Isn't it should be like the obvious thing ?

I don't think there will be any manager/coach asking his players NOT to show their opposition player the weaker foot. I mean, is there any "resources" used for this option in FM ? Why not set it default then ?

You wouldn't necessarily have to show all players onto their weaker foot, it's not going to be top priority for, say, a centre back. I think it's important for the strikers and the wingers though, the players who can cause damage.

There's plenty of times when you might not want to force a player onto his weaker foot. The most obvious ones are when one foot is only slightly stronger than the other - for example, if you're facing a left winger with right foot very strong and left foot strong, who's really good at crossing, you'd probably want to push him inside, onto his stronger foot, so he can't get crosses in from the byline.

But even when one foot's much stronger, you still don't always want to push them to the weaker. it's often best to push strikers strikers wide, irregardeless of what foot's stronger. I'd ratehr an opponent have to shoot from a very narrow angle on his strong side, then right in the middle of the goal on his weaker.

Archived