Well, to be fair on the guy, he is not boasting about his 'all-mighty' achievements. He is merely posting his experiences to lend some credit to the claims that having a squad with similar personalities would help a lot in the gelling process.

He should probably have posted this in an already existing thread and not start a new one, but in my opinion, he does not deserve to be ridiculed.

Yeh 11,000 and 14,000 posts means they are "Pro no lifers."

A guy posts something with a little bit of useful info about team cohesion and they go along and be-little the OP.

Get off the forum and play the game instead of flashing ur credentials in antagonising posts.

Nothing pains me more than newbs with an exhuberance of online confidence, mainly due to the accumilation of their post count. :thup:

I read on here maybe a week ago, about it being very important your squad all having a similar personality, well i endeavoured for that when signing players on a new save, and 9 games unbeaten since the start of the season doesnt lie

Thanks for sharing that with us. Ignore the other petty comments. Well done, and it's good to know that you've picked up some tips here. :thup:

NepentheZ, how you managed to get nominated for member of the quarter with an attitude like that is byond me quite frankly. Donners, just the same to you but without the nomination! Get off the guys back man, he is merely stating something he picked up, tried, and it worked and is now sharing it!

To the OP, what team you managing mate?

NepentheZ, how you managed to get nominated for member of the quarter with an attitude like that is byond me quite frankly. Donners, just the same to you but without the nomination! Get off the guys back man, he is merely stating something he picked up, tried, and it worked and is now sharing it!

Member of the quarter? :confused:

Oh right, thanks guys, and well done Jod123 I suppose :D

Yeah, although i havnt seen him on here sice he won, so lets speculate;

a) has been kidnapped and is being held hostage by skorp for defeating him/her

b) has been kidnapped by skorp and they are now an "item"

c) has gone on a massive binge of drink, drugs and rock & roll after letting victory go to his head which will eventually ruin him

Yeah, although i havnt seen him on here sice he won, so lets speculate;

a) has been kidnapped and is being held hostage by skorp for defeating him/her

b) has been kidnapped by skorp and they are now an "item"

c) has gone on a massive binge of drink, drugs and rock & roll after letting victory go to his head which will eventually ruin him

d) Whilst on an archaelogical dig in Bermuda he was recrutied by a nice old man to come and assess his theme park. With the promise of money to fund his expeditions he duly obliged. He is now being chased around an island by a T-Rex whilst Samuel L Jackson and that fat bloke converse about dodgy weather conditions and the merits of space age whipped cream containers.

Oh and well done to the OP, may look into implementing this into my teams.

I read on here maybe a week ago, about it being very important your squad all having a similar personality, well i endeavoured for that when signing players on a new save, and 9 games unbeaten since the start of the season doesnt lie

Awesome!

There's a lot of things that people don't take into account when they look for reasons why things aren't working out. This is one that I can honestly say that I don't really put much thought into, though my squad has ended up with a good lot of players that have similar personalities and is consistant enough with everyone else that it doesn't really matter.

Good luck with it!

As little as 9 unbeaten games impress me, as much am I interested by the rest the OP is saying as this is indeed news to me :thup:

Never checked player personalities so far, but now I might :)

Is there a way to find a list of your own team's players personalities like there is on the scout reports page?

A guy posts something with a little bit of useful info about team cohesion and they go along and be-little the OP.

Get off the forum and play the game instead of flashing ur credentials in antagonising posts.

Nothing pains me more than newbs with an exhuberance of online confidence, mainly due to the accumilation of their post count. :thup:

No, belittling would be mocking your mistaken belief that said word is hyphenated. That's mean-spirited and petty.

What you are (over)reacting to was mild irony, or at worst sarcasm, brought on by the fact that the OP does little to justify or demonstrate the apparent conclusion, considering such a streak is hardly noteworthy or remarkable without context. Such context would have been provided by reference to the side, league or prior performances, but in its absence, the point is not sustained.

Perhaps rather than resorting to playground insults and rushing to defend another's e-motions (sic), you could try to appreciate the spirit and context in which posts are made.

Some very sad people on these forums...

To the OP: Well done on picking up a useful tip. It would be interesting to find out if there was a club which had problems with squad harmony from the start of the game. Say for example, Man City had very different players and therefore the results and tactics were affected because lack of team spirit.

Obviously it could be one big fat coincidence on your behalf but never the less, let us know what your season planned out like and whether or not you noticed a change over the course of a season. Good luck!

Wouldn't lose sleep over lack of personality cohesion, though.

If a player is good, then you should consider signing him irregardless of personality (unless he is a grade A ****).

Agreed, allthough i would use the tip given by the OP, im afraid it would not last long, for instance, if i got the chance to sign Messi on the cheap, im not going to turn it down because his personality would not be the same as the players in my squad.;)

No, belittling would be mocking your mistaken belief that said word is hyphenated. That's mean-spirited and petty.

What you are (over)reacting to was mild irony, or at worst sarcasm, brought on by the fact that the OP does little to justify or demonstrate the apparent conclusion, considering such a streak is hardly noteworthy or remarkable without context. Such context would have been provided by reference to the side, league or prior performances, but in its absence, the point is not sustained.

Perhaps rather than resorting to playground insults and rushing to defend another's e-motions (sic), you could try to appreciate the spirit and context in which posts are made.

It's people like you that make me slightly embarrassed about posting on gaming forums. You were a bumbag in your first post as it has already been pointed out. So what, take it on the chin. Don't come back with this silly retort written in the peculiar faux formal manner that people turn to in internet arguments, as if it gives your post more weight.

Donners: How do you know that this isn't the best sequence of results the OP has had since FM09 has come out? There's alot of factors that may have contributed to his post that you have not taken into consideration! If you read something and get a run of results that surpasses your previous games you would have a right to be pleased and want to share it with the other members of the forum so let him!

If he is playing as Man Utd then yeh maybe mock a little but still, if it's his best achievement then let him enjoy it, if he's a small club like Hull then does he not have a right to be pleased with the results? Petty playground insults as you put it come from petty playground comments like your own!

Well, to be fair on the guy, he is not boasting about his 'all-mighty' achievements. He is merely posting his experiences to lend some credit to the claims that having a squad with similar personalities would help a lot in the gelling process.

He should probably have posted this in an already existing thread and not start a new one, but in my opinion, he does not deserve to be ridiculed.

You have quite clearly misunderstood me. Here are my "Unbeaten" runs for FM09

- Ashford, 7 Games unbeaten.

- Real London CSE, 6 Games unbeaten.

- Carshalton, 4 Games unbeaten.

It wasn't a tongue in cheek comment, as you've clearly read it to be. The "You hero" was a genuine thought, because he's done something that I'm yet to achieve in FM09. So there.

Well your post was rather vague, to be honest. I hope you can appreciate why we had misinterpreted your post, but I will also apologise to you for doubting your sincerity regarding the "you hero" comment. I must say I was rather shocked when I read your post because you do generally have a glowing reputation here.

My post regarding the ridiculing of the OP stands though, what with Donner's reasoning behind his post still leaving much to be desired.

It wasn't a tongue in cheek comment, as you've clearly read it to be. The "You hero" was a genuine thought, because he's done something that I'm yet to achieve in FM09. So there.

Nice try :D

You hero! ;)

I to apologise, if your post was tongue in cheek!! But you must realise that posting it the way you did was always going to lead to people getting the wrong end of the stick. I still stick by my comment towards Donners though, and his retort has done nothing to allay this.

Archived