I want a takeover

This is something i have never experienced on football manager and i'm currently manager of Spurs and in my second season with a nice bank balance of £2.5m hoping to get a billionaire to come in and improve our fortunes

I spent quite a bit of money and after the first season the board expanded the stadium which cost £20m

So any tips on how to help push forward some sort of takeover

You cant really push for a takeover, it is down to the chairmans happiness and age, if you want a takeover, start a new game as newcastle, fulham or portsmouth.

But if you run the club into debt and drag spurs down, the chairman might become unhappy at the club, but doing this can put your job on the line.

This is something i have never experienced on football manager and i'm currently manager of Spurs and in my second season with a nice bank balance of £2.5m hoping to get a billionaire to come in and improve our fortunes

I spent quite a bit of money and after the first season the board expanded the stadium which cost £20m

So any tips on how to help push forward some sort of takeover

Didn't your mum ever tell you that - 'I want's do always get!' :p

Yeah like Stevie said, there is no way to force/push a takeover, it's just a matter of time and luck i'm afraid.

Like they said, there is no way to make a takeover happen....without FMRTE or some other real time editor at least :)

If you're desperate, you can download and run FMRTE, look up your Chairman, edit his relations to hate your team and some other things.. think you should make his ambition 1 or 20, don't remember which, and maybe make his birth year 1900, so he's getting to old to "chairmanaging" a team?

But of course, without "cheating", you can just hope you'll get a takeover

Ok thanks for the help guys, I just thought it would be fun to experience a board takeover so hopefully one day it may happen

Well I'm certainly not going to put my team in debt as that would force the chairman to sell my top stars but I did owe £27.5m on Zhirkov which has now been paid and took me just in the red but because I always have good cup runs and a 52000 seater stadium my money has shot back up to around £9m

I do owe £16m on Pogrebnyak and about £30m on Zapata but once that has been paid then I'm good lol but nearing the end of the season I should be able to clear that easily

• 2 weeks later...

Archived