Teams declare interest problem

I'm currently using the 9.0.3 patch and every time the transfer window opens i get constant messages of teams declaring there interest in my players, then i tell the club that the player is not for sale, then the player says he either wants to stay or leave but it will repeat the same message from the player twice, then give it a couple more days and the same process happens all over again which is quite annoying.

Anyone else had this problem?

for example:

Inter declare interest in Modric

Tottenham say Modric is not for sale

Modric would consider Inter move

Modric would consider Inter move

All in the same day:mad:

I went through a month-long saga of Letix (I think that's who it was) chasing my back-up goalie. I'd use him for my tournament games and each time afterwards I'd get a message about the other manager praising my player or how the team was preparing to make a move for him. I told them the player wasn't for sale, so they offered me double his value ($250,000) and I refused. Four more bids later I turned down $475,000 for him and the harassment finally stopped- until a different team (Brugge) started eyeing another one of my players!

Ronaldo saga was an extreme case and didnt United report them?

It would be great though, if you could give a Ferguson-esque type reply to the rival manager trying to unsettle your player. Something like "Get lost, you twit" ....maybe a bit harsher though!

Currently, having the same problem in Portugal , but its Old Sven, who's back now at Benfica trying to unsettle my winger. And its working...Grrrrr!!

I never had a problem with it until last season. Early February, AssMan said my vice-captain was beginning to look elsewhere--offer him a new contract. I did. Before he'd accepted, he had his availibility asked about, I said "Hands Off." He said he'll welcome an offer, and the next week, they came with an enquiry. His agent said he wanted to talk to them, but I rejected their enquiry. I'd said, "Hand's Off," after all...

Instantly, he's unsettled. The popular vice-captain takes half the squad with him into the dumps.

"Fine." I said. "You wanna go? Go." Transfer-listed, stripped of the vice-captiancy, shoved into the reserves and forgot about. Sold him for e15M and kept him in the reserves until he left. The squad had gone from 87% locker room to 63%, and hasn't gotten above 70 since (I'm in July).

The fungoidal toenail won Young Player of the Year, despite not playing a senior game since the fourth week in February...

There is no need for a player to declare he wants to leave in January when he was just bought in August. This is way to unrealistic and unnecessary. I cant keep players for more than 3 months? Come on...

don't give answers to roumors - only if you are a big club and the player is loyal; don't comment while you sell a player (have a bid accepted and want to sell him) and you'll be ok.

somewhat exception: i played as Southampton and Morgan "no loyalty" Schneiderlin wanted to leave after half season (i was his favourite personnel) and after second season promotion he was ok (for a while :) ). Because he had no loyalty he wasn't capitan, but he played very well (bar the low CMa rating bug). I said he was an exception because he wanted to go and i always said i won't sell him (he was unhappy all the time, but with results he became ok )-> then he signed a new 4 years contract.

The squad had gone from 87% locker room to 63%, and hasn't gotten above 70 since (I'm in July).

QUOTE]

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you find that information out? A team report or something?

Confidence > Summary > Squad Harmony under Board Confidence :thup:

Hold your cursor over any confidence bar (indeed, any bar at all...), and in a couple seconds, you'll get a popup of the percentage the bar is full...

Excellet! Thanks for the answers, Ethan and SSG.

My worst situation:

After winning the MLS cup with Toronto FC, I had 9 of my starting 11 players being targeted by other teams, and 3 reserves, to boot! I didn't have the chance to play it out as I had to update the league rosters and start a new season...

I've just had a similar instance of this in my Altrincham save. I'm now in League 2 with the bulk of the same squad that won promotion from the BSP. One of my key midfielders has been attracting attention for a while and one club declared interest. He became unsettled & "wants to move to a bigger club".

What I decided to do was transfer list him, slap a silly price on him and offer him to clubs. Of course, all the interested clubs refused to bid. Next day, it said he "doesn't want to leave the club". I took him off the transfer list and now he's happy again. :)

Archived