Renford Rejects Challenge

Posted this in the editor section as well, but perhaps it's more appropriate here..

I've been sick in bed with a nasty cold for the last few days and yesterday in a fit of delirium I have created a Renford Rejects custom database (yes, that's right that football show from Nickelodeon). I didn't particularly like the show in anything more than a 'so bad it's good' sort of way (though I watched it fairly regularly back in the late 90s nonetheless!) However, I thought it would be an interesting team to create as a more challenging version of the Harchester teams people have created for FM.

If you don't know/remember the show here's a link to the first episode

So here's the background (apologies for the incoming stream of conciousness style drivel)

It's 2008 (ten years since the show first aired but we'll pretend that the team have not aged at all since then), Dorchester and Bognor Regis have been demoted from the Blue Square South due to financial irregularities. Lord Triesman, chairman of the FA, drunk on his sense of power, decides to promote two clubs from his hometown of Renford, the Rejects and The Razors.

Needing finance, the Rejects are helped by Elvis loving cafe owner Eddie McAvoy and his crabby wife Pricilla who sell the cafe and pump the incoming funds into the club. Eddie's only request is that he is given the job of assistant manager while Pricilla becomes chairwoman.

The club has only five players: Poetry loving keeper Ben Phillips, fashion victim Ronnie Supira, cocky midfielder Jason Summerbee, Italian wannabee Bruno Di Gradi (real name Barry Grade) and star striker Robin Walker. coach and former hot prospect Stewart Baxter steps in by coming out of retirement (as he did in one of the later series of the show IIRC) to help out the Rejects. With Baxter leaving his coaching duties, the Rejects need a manager who can help steer the club to success. The club is pretty much broke and it's amateur status make bringing in new talent difficult, however the 6 youngsters have lots of potential if it is harnessed correctly.

Meanwhile, the Reject's rivals, the Razors, who are managed by the mean spirited madman Basil Stoker have troubles of their own. Though financially better off, Stoker only rates his son Terry, highly enough to retain for campaign that faces his beloved club.

Both clubs play at the tiny Renford Stadium (more of a park than a stadium) and are sure to retain their fierce rivalry as they set out to cause a stir in the Blue Square South.

There's one or two other elements of the show included in the db to do with player personalities and so on but I wont go into it seeing as probably no one will download it anyway!

I've also done a fairly poor facepack as well (I can do much better facepacks but there are no pics available of the rejects so I had to work with yucky screenshots from youtube!).

If anyone does want to download it, the database is here- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8OWPBEX

and the facepack is here- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQXQKIRP

Here's a few screenshots-

Renford_Screenie_81.jpg

Jason_Screenie_519.jpgBruno_Screenie_511.jpg

Ben_Screenie_913.jpg

Extracted the file into my documents/sports interactive/db or whatever it is but it doesn't seem to come up when selecting a database at the start. Anyone else having a similar problem? I've gone through the reccommendations that are in the database forum.

Cheers.

Edit: Will the problem be not having downloaded/installed 9.3?

Extracted the file into my documents/sports interactive/db or whatever it is but it doesn't seem to come up when selecting a database at the start. Anyone else having a similar problem? I've gone through the reccommendations that are in the database forum.

Cheers.

Edit: Will the problem be not having downloaded/installed 9.3?

Hey, I don't know if the patch would make a difference, it was created post patch and edited from 9.3 so maybe. Also I think the folder needs to be in program files/steam/steam apps/common/football manager 09/data/db as well as the my documents folder though I'm not entirely sure but I have it in both places and it works for me. Let me know if that works or not.

• 2 weeks later...

First season down, managed to win the division and keep of all my rejects....except Ben Philips who moved to Rushden. The razors finished bottom of the table with 8 points...

Other various tidbits, Robin Walker won player of the season and bagged 39 goals in all competitions. Jason Summerbee was fans player of the season.

Also, Terry Stoker managed to achieve, what must be a record setting, 9 red cards in one season.

Turned semi pro and am currently studying the transfer market for good free transfers!

First season down, managed to win the division and keep of all my rejects....except Ben Philips who moved to Rushden. The razors finished bottom of the table with 8 points...

Other various tidbits, Robin Walker won player of the season and bagged 39 goals in all competitions. Jason Summerbee was fans player of the season.

Also, Terry Stoker managed to achieve, what must be a record setting, 9 red cards in one season.

Turned semi pro and am currently studying the transfer market for good free transfers!

Good stuff! I was afraid the Razors would get relegated, having only one real player (Terry) to begin with but I upped their finances in hope that they could buy their way out of trouble. Good luck taking the Rejects to the PL!

Archived