Hall of Fame

Have just broken the top record in hall of fame (held mysteriously by an Argentine who kept winning the league with River :D ) so I thought it'd be intresting to see who on the forums has the most points. Here's my screenie -

hof.png

So 840 points. I'm guessing there are players with better so get posting ;)

I see you're managing Marine now. Are you pulling clubs up from lower divisions and making them into world beaters?

That's basically the plan, this is the first and only save I've started since buying FM09 and I plan on keeping it that way. I think it's the most fun managing lower league teams and bringing them to the glory :) I just resigned from Blyth last season, after 10 EPL wins, it got really boring winning everything easily.

But in this save, Marine are just in the Championship, my plan is to bring them up to the EPL, make them a 'superteam' just to beat Blyth! Then I'll resign and start managing a team in BSN, BSS or BSP :)

That's basically the plan, this is the first and only save I've started since buying FM09 and I plan on keeping it that way. I think it's the most fun managing lower league teams and bringing them to the glory :) I just resigned from Blyth last season, after 10 EPL wins, it got really boring winning everything easily.

But in this save, Marine are just in the Championship, my plan is to bring them up to the EPL, make them a 'superteam' just to beat Blyth! Then I'll resign and start managing a team in BSN, BSS or BSP :)

I did the same back in the day with CM 01/02. I brought Borehamwood, Hitchin Town and Stevenage up to the Premiership and won CL with all three by the year 2036. Ahhhh memories :cool:

I did the same back in the day with CM 01/02. I brought Borehamwood, Hitchin Town and Stevenage up to the Premiership and won CL with all three by the year 2036. Ahhhh memories :cool:

It's a great feeling when you finally win the triple! Then to resign and to it all again, while watching your old team still prospering on the top of the EPL.

But not straying to far from the topic, no one else have more than 1060 points?

In my current save I have a grand total of....well...erm 22 points:o, after only 1 SPL trophy with Celtic in three seasons and less than a season at Zaragoza, however I just got the AC Milan job and although we are currently 11th in Serie A, I have signed a few cracking players in the last transfer window so hopefully will be back later to post a more respectable score....watch this space.:D

How did you become a 'Sir' when you are an Icelander (in the game at least)?

delio mandelli is actually a regen who i signed for my team, he then went on to win things as a manager and eventually took over from me when that profile retired from the game.

2064 and still going, well played! Why did you blank out the top of your screenshot, out of interest?

2064 and still going, well played! Why did you blank out the top of your screenshot, out of interest?

Presumably to block out his name. Though that didn't work as it is smaller in the top left :D

We've all been there :(

How did you become a 'Sir' when you are an Icelander (in the game at least)?

Hehe.. just nicknamed myself in the year 2034, just for my own amusement. And I know Icelanders don't get knighted.. but I usually think of my manager as English even though I make the nationality Icelandic, as you can see from the name, Xander Delores isn't an Icelandic name

Archived