Problem with game on PC

Sorry if this is the way to do it on here as i am new so apologies in advance if shouldnt post it here!

I installed the game without any hitches. I then went to start it and it said

"failed to load graphics system"

Now i looked at threads and i downloaded direct X and then updated graphics which i did with some help by looking on here.

Now i clicked to play it and the SI titles were coming up and i was getting excited.. "nearly there" i thought!!

Now it says " Football Manager is running low on memory. Free up space

But i have over 23g space. I dont know computers that in depth but surely that should be ok?

What else can i do? Help appreciated guys:)

Sorry if this is the way to do it on here as i am new so apologies in advance if shouldnt post it here!

I installed the game without any hitches. I then went to start it and it said

"failed to load graphics system"

Now i looked at threads and i downloaded direct X and then updated graphics which i did with some help by looking on here.

Now i clicked to play it and the SI titles were coming up and i was getting excited.. "nearly there" i thought!!

Now it says " Football Manager is running low on memory. Free up space

But i have over 23g space. I dont know computers that in depth but surely that should be ok?

What else can i do? Help appreciated guys:)

23gb that sounds more like 23gb hard drive space, how much RAM do you have, this could very well be the crux of the problem, and what graphics card do you have?

First of all thanks for the reply appreciate it!

Yes you are right i suppose that makes no difference?

1.66ghz and

224mb of Ram

I think thats obviously low so can i upgrade it online in any way?

Graphics is NVIDIA GeForce 2 Integrated GPU

i dont know if thats what you are looking for? Im just so confused!

1.66ghz and

224mb of Ram

Sorry mate, that's nowhere near good enough to play FM. How old is the computer? You really need at least 512mb of RAM to play and probably a new graphics card as well. It will run painfully slow, so be aware of that, the processor is very old. For the price of upgrading it, I'd consider getting a new PC tbh.

1.66ghz and

224mb of Ram

You need more RAM for a start, im running on 256, and it is incredibly slow. wi

You will need to buy RAM from a shop, not too expensive, you can get a 2GB for pennies nowadays.

Well luckily this isn't mine i am just trying to get it to work here!

I will check my laptop when i get in and thats the last resort. So if my laptop doesnt have those requirements its impossible?

It should its only a couple years old hopefully that works:)

You need more RAM for a start, im running on 256, and it is incredibly slow. wi

You will need to buy RAM from a shop, not too expensive, you can get a 2GB for pennies nowadays.

Really? Is it not that expensive? I am not really up on it all so dont have a clue!

Well luckily this isn't mine i am just trying to get it to work here!

I will check my laptop when i get in and thats the last resort. So if my laptop doesnt have those requirements its impossible?

It should its only a couple years old hopefully that works:)

If it's only a couple of years old, then yeah that should be OK.

Really? Is it not that expensive? I am not really up on it all so dont have a clue!

Maybe about 20 quid, installing it is different, as i assume you dont know how, unless you can get someone to sort out your PC, you should buy a new one.

And your laptop should run it fine assuming its a couple of years old.

Mine is 6 years old and only just scrapes the minimum specs, however, the performance levels make it hard for me to get into the game. But it can run it at least.

Thanks! be prepared for a PM if it doesn't!

Cheers mate

I'll just warn you I've had to ask for PC advice over in OTF, so I'm not that tech savvy. I'd say if you get anymore problems PC tech wise, start a thread over in OTF, there's a few people over there who are very helpful.

I'll just warn you I've had to ask for PC advice over in OTF, so I'm not that tech savvy. I'd say if you get anymore problems PC tech wise, start a thread over in OTF, there's a few people over there who are very helpful.

Or PM Jod:p

I imagine this thread will have more advice around 5pm, thats usually when all the techies are online.

Maybe about 20 quid, installing it is different, as i assume you dont know how, unless you can get someone to sort out your PC, you should buy a new one.

And your laptop should run it fine assuming its a couple of years old.

Mine is 6 years old and only just scrapes the minimum specs, however, the performance levels make it hard for me to get into the game. But it can run it at least.

I will check my Laptop when i get home and have a look. I did come across the dreaded Graphics system message on that aswell when initially installing so maybe wont work

I will check my Laptop when i get home and have a look. I did come across the dreaded Graphics system message on that aswell when initially installing so maybe wont work

You may only have to install the latest Direct X drivers, which is very simple in itself, pretty sure there's a sticky on the main page in this forum about it.

You may only have to install the latest Direct X drivers, which is very simple in itself, pretty sure there's a sticky on the main page in this forum about it.

Yeah i tried that but think there was a problem. I will re-install it again!

I think i am destined never to play it lol!

Like I say I'm sure there's a sticky at the top of this forum that will help you iron out any problems and help you get the game running, that is unless of course said sticky has been removed.

EDIT:- It hasn't. Where it says in red 'USERS WITH TECHNICAL ISSUES PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC FIRST' click that and start from there.

Archived