Regens - Secondary positions

Is it just me or are no regens created with other than natural/accomplished positions?

And if there are already regens being created with competent/unconvicing positions, there should be more of them. I would like more DC's who are competent in DR and/or DL and/or DM.

I would also like more DM/MC's who are competent in MR and/or ML and/or DC.

This issue has become apparent to me because I just started a game with an edited DB where I created a team (youth Team Academy, based on an experiment in the Challenges forum) in the BSN with perfect facilities. I am only allowed to use home-grown players (and emergency loans), which means that I only have 18 players in my first season. I only have one player who is at all adept at DR, only one at DL, and only one at ML. It would be great if more of the other players were competent/unconvincing in those positions :)

I'm guessing this is where the ability to retrain players in different positions comes in. I would guess that the earlier you start this (i.e. when the regens first come through) the more effective it will be. Not sure one way or the other how realistic it is to have youth players coming through only capable in one position but if you are able to get the players trained in other positions it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah but if I try to teach them a position that they don't play in and then suddenly stop, they will lose ability in that position and I don't want that.

I am already retraining some of them though :p

But I just think that when you're 12-15 years old you often play in a lot of different positions and hence should be at least unconvincing in 1 or 2 positions as well as your natural position.

Archived