Manchester City

I am the biggest Man City fan out there, but the way they destory this game isn't right. Players they've signed by the beginning of the 2nd season;

Merek Hamsik - 25 mill

Yury Zhirkhov - 16.5 mill

vagner love - 14.5 mill

Antonio Valencia - 10.5 mill

Brede Hangaland - 12.5 mill

Joseph Yobo - 17 mill

Chinedu Obasi - 12.5 mill

Glen Johnson - 11 mill

Ivan Marcano - 11 mill

Peter Crouch - 9.25 mill

Kevin Thomson - 9.25 mill

Vedran Corluka - 25 mill

Nicolas Anelka - 8 mill

Miguel Veloso - 21.5 mill

Total = 204 mill.

They bought Crouch and he's straight into their reserves. Its ruining the game in my opinion. Anyone else feel this?

Yes and no, it illustrates your teams deep (bottomless)pockets i suppose. It is a bit annoying not being able to challenge for players with them. Whats more unusual is that they spend all the money but never seem to win much, not on my saves anyway!

I am sorry but how with everything that is wrong with football do man city destroy it? In FM they never seem to do very well and always by crap or very ordinary players for loads! Good if ur championship team cause easy to get there young players

Thats same as me, they buy decent players but dont seem to get anywhere in the game. They do also buy a lot of crap aswel, they do have a very good squad imo. oh well, i havent tried playing with them, so dont fully know how much money they have.

Slightly off topic but are their pockets actually bottomless? Has anyone ever seen them go bust after making purchases like this?

Some people claim that they have gone into administration later on in the game, however, this should be fixed in FM2010, as Man City are setting their sights on higher profile players IRL, and hopefully they wont buy mediocre players for vast amounts of money, and at least make their money talk and win some competitions.

On one of my saves they are dominating in 2016/17 roughly and at this point they also have a lot of really good youngster coming through which covers up for them not always shopping wisely. They're often winning one of the domestic cups, doing well in the league and in Europe so on that save they're a force to look out for.

I decided to start a game as Man City and you actually start off with a nice squad and a transfer budget of slightly below £80 million if you say you're challenging for the title. I can't remember the total funds but it's at least a couple of hundred million pounds...

/JB

I really like having man city in this game because they buy loads of on-form players with high asking prices, then due to the competition for places they get left in the reserves for half a season by which time they are either transfer-listed by request of their values plummit. This then enables me to pick them up for a relative bargain. Got several good deals for Pompey over the last couple of seasons.

yeh i agree, and i have voiced my opinin's about ot for years, the Ai may use super tactics at times but there ability to identify a player or build a strong team is pants and really needs to be addressed for future version's

Well, i have started on 9.03 and like I said I never get to spend more than 78 million for transfers. I had to change the wage structure so that the transfer will up to 90 million. But no where near whatsoever the AI could do when he is managing Man City - 200 million in your case.

I think thats abit ridiculous, because there are players I really still need to buy.

how much money do you start with when u are man city? and is there ANY chance of world class players joining you in the first season?

If I remember correctly if you choose win the league you get 93 million or something like that, but if you choose the default expectation its more like 60 million I think. However, I have heard on the forum that once you run out of money that the board will just inject another lump of cash to spend. As for world classplayers singing, I'm not sure but I'm pretty confident you could get the likes of Aguero/Hamsik/Akinfeev who quickly become world class.

City are ruining football lets go jump off a bridge. Wonder why nobodys botherd about the "big 4".

In my game I'm in my 5th season with Leeds, still in championship after promoting in my first season, and M.City is dominating premiere. They won the championship last year by 10 points, and this year it is getting worse. In 18 games they won 17 and lost 1, sitting clear at top with 51 points. The big four are lined up from 2nd to 5th. However, none of them bought any significant players this season. Especially M.Utd roster looks depleted. It's not like they are keeping their old players either. Old ones are retiring, no new players are coming. Instead they started playing mediocre young players coming from their youth team. Very unrealistic. I don't understand what they are waiting for. Don't they have money??

If I remember correctly if you choose win the league you get 93 million or something like that, but if you choose the default expectation its more like 60 million I think. However, I have heard on the forum that once you run out of money that the board will just inject another lump of cash to spend. As for world classplayers singing, I'm not sure but I'm pretty confident you could get the likes of Aguero/Hamsik/Akinfeev who quickly become world class.

That is not true.

The board surely didn't inject another lump of cash for me to spend after I finished with my 78 million.

And as for world class players, none will join you accept one: David Beckham. And Beckham joined Sunderland in my game. lol :)

Beckham joins Sunderland in my game too, wouldn't you know it. This fact plus the disturbing data the OP posted about the players City bought, speaks more about the dodgy(and predictable) transfer system in place than anything else. AI teams are terrible in the market. They are terrible at recognizing weaknesses and knowing when to buy or sell or bring in players from the youth academy. The AI is terrible at recognizing a team's needs, completely ignoring all factors like tactics and players already at the squad, replacing aging players or any player for that matter, etc, etc. Sometimes AI teams don't even bother to replace the players that were on the team when you originally loaded up the game. Not to mention in every game you load up, players go to the same teams. You can load up ten new games and in 9 of them , Beckham will join Sunderland, I guarantee it. AI managers have the same targets no matter how many times you start a new game.

Beckham joins Sunderland in my game too, wouldn't you know it. This fact plus the disturbing data the OP posted about the players City bought, speaks more about the dodgy(and predictable) transfer system in place than anything else. AI teams are terrible in the market. They are terrible at recognizing weaknesses and knowing when to buy or sell or bring in players from the youth academy. The AI is terrible at recognizing a team's needs, completely ignoring all factors like tactics and players already at the squad, replacing aging players or any player for that matter, etc, etc. Sometimes AI teams don't even bother to replace the players that were on the team when you originally loaded up the game. Not to mention in every game you load up, players go to the same teams. You can load up ten new games and in 9 of them , Beckham will join Sunderland, I guarantee it. AI managers have the same targets no matter how many times you start a new game.

I think the way to fix this is to edit the managers buying stat, i.e. make it higher. That seems to raise the quality of player a team buys. A high recognizes ability and potential may help too.

I'm Man City and doing fairly well, but having loadsa injuries - didnt seem to have this problem in my other save (was updated to 9.3 halfway through whereas city is new save). I'm hoping for a big amount as i have done a career game and now want to splash some cash!

Its not destroying the game, Its representing real life where they are the richest club ever (Robinho, De Jong , Shay Given, Bellamy and Kaka but he rejected them...etc).

I reckon when they get a full summer to spend they will be going for alot of players just as you see in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well I'm in January 2010 on my game and so far they've signed;

Glen Johnson-10m

Aaron Lennon-9.5m

Joseph Yobo-17.25m

Ramires-17.75m

Phil Jagielka-9m

Vedran Corluka-22.5m

Chinedu Obasi-12.5m

Gareth Barry-26m

Yury Zhirkov-14.5m

Vagner Love-16.75m

Antonio Valencia-10.5m

Darijo Sma-12.75m

James Morrison-8m

Martin Olsson-8.75m

Valon Behrami-11.5m

Steven Defour-14.5m

Aiden McGeady-14m

Andre-Pierre Gignac-20m

That's 257m million overall =\

Playing as Manchester City in first season. I got a transfer budget of 55 million to start off with for a top half finish then just before the next transfer window I got another 44 million but I am only signing players that My scouts recommend this time round. I am currently 5th having picked up 7 good players and look like I could finish top 3 or 4. I lost in the 4th round of the FA CUP to Liverpool and got beat over 2 legs in the League cup final by Man Utd which went down like a hot balloon but now the group stages of the Euro cup start soon so I am looking to win that.

That is not true.

The board surely didn't inject another lump of cash for me to spend after I finished with my 78 million.

And as for world class players, none will join you accept one: David Beckham. And Beckham joined Sunderland in my game. lol :)

I have signed Aguero in my City save on 9.3.....It cost me £43.5m + a £7m signing on fee!!

It's not so much that they throw money around they're trying to do the same thing in real life, the thing that really annoys me is they are a very ordinary team in real life yet at the start of every game they buy Zhirkov and Srna two players who are still playing in Eastern Europe and turn into world beaters overnight, it's ridiculous, that's what's ruining the game for me and it's every time I play.

Have the producers of the game actually seen Man City in real life? I accept that you are going to have teams winning most weeks I expect Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool , Arsenal to be strong but it's always Man City, add to that their formation which (for some reason) is twice as difficult to play against as anything else.

Just a note Spurs were a very ordinary team last season, they went and spent a large amount of money on two highly touted Eastern European attacking players and guess what?

They're still a very ordinary team, they're not ten points clear having barely conceded a goal, Man City have had an injection of cash that's all so compensate by upping their transfer budget not by turning them into Barcelona.

Archived