Do managers use their Preferred/2nd/Defensive/Attacking formations if you edit them?

Hey there,

am playing a super league and have put in all the great managers and edited their formation use for attacking defensive and all so as to avoid the stock 424 thing. However.. we've noticed they don't usually show up with the formations we've assigned or even the defensive or attacking variations of them.

My question:

If a coach comes to you feeling like he'll lose, we'll he adopt his "defensive" formation, or will he adopt a defensive version of his natural formation?

and how much does the versatility stat make it random?

Good questions, I would like to know that to.

For what I know, the defensive and attacking options only apply when they are winning or losing, and it depends on the result also.

For example, if a manager has 4-2-4 as the attacking formation, when he's losing by 1 he will eventually put it on, and if he has 5-4-1 as the defensive one, he will put it when he scores (eg. 1-0 away with 20 minutes to play) and he knows that the goal is probably the only one in the game.

What I don't know is, for example, when he only has 4-4-2 as preferred tactic, or even as the 4 possibilities (preferred, second preferred, defensive and attacking formations), how much will he change it in order to win the game, and as pauly1616 said, how much of an influence will the versatility stats make it random.

Archived