Fm 09 on Acer Aspire One

I'm planning to buy Acer Aspire One couse i'm tired of sitting in the same spot all the time when I want to be on the internet or play FM.

So what am I asking. Do you think or know if FM 09 will play normally on this little laptot?

It's a very important fact for me and I would be grateful if you could answer me from the first hand (I hope this is the right phrase as in my country we say this if we mean that someone very close to the solution will tell us the answer :D).

p.s. sorry for the grammar but I'm not a native englishman :)

We sell this little netbook at John Lewis. Processor 1.6 Intel Atom and if im not wrong 1 or 2 gb ram, forgot which. I personally haven't tried it but myself knowing the spec wouldn't reccomend it. If you can try one of the Acer Aspire laptops, there's a current model, 166 I think which is around £550 but you get 3gb ram 320gb HD and nVidia 9600 graphics card, same as macbook pro.

If you can't stretch to that sort of money, without doubt you should look at an external HD and keep literally everything on it.

Hope this helps

• 7 months later...

it deffinatley runs download astray and set your screen size to 1024-768 and rename fm.exe to fm.exe -windowed -small_screen problem solved all versions of fm work and i only have the demo of 2010 so far and that works fine

I'm planning to buy Acer Aspire One couse i'm tired of sitting in the same spot all the time when I want to be on the internet or play FM.

So what am I asking. Do you think or know if FM 09 will play normally on this little laptot?

It's a very important fact for me and I would be grateful if you could answer me from the first hand (I hope this is the right phrase as in my country we say this if we mean that someone very close to the solution will tell us the answer :D).

p.s. sorry for the grammar but I'm not a native englishman :)

i bought a acer aspire one and ive got football manager 2010 on it and it works using small screen till michael finishes the skin.

Broxi, cud u tell us how you got it to work, as you knw the acer aspirone does not take CD/DVD's, i made an image file using power ISO and installed it on my aspireone.

but when i double click the exe file (FM10 icon) to start the game nothing happens, however when i check my memory usage using task manager it shows that fm.exe is running in the processes tray (shows nothing in the applications tray), so when i double click exe file again i get a message saying 'fm is already running' whereas in actuality the game hasnt loaded on screen.

would appreciate it if anyone could suggest a fix, i'm always out and hardly get time on my home pc and i dnt wanna buy a laptop.

cheers

OJ

p.s. i've already tried changing file target to "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --windowed --small_screen but i get a message saying 'target is not valid/recognised'

use steam if it doesnt have a dvd drive

i've already installed it, there is no need for steam, i just want to know why it doesnt load up, at first i thought the specs wont allow it to work but as the previous poster said it worked on his mini laptop so i just wanted to knw how he got it to work

its -windowed -small_screen and how have you got it workng if you dont have a cd drive?

well the problem is its not working, in terms of installation i followed this chaps instruction (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f55/how-to-make-fm2009-work-on-a-mini-laptop-t16296.html), he did it for FM 09. As i said it installed but for some reason the program doesn't seem to run overtly but my task manager application says otherwise

thanks for your file target suggestion will try it now

thanks

bingo it worked, i feel a bit silly for the simple mistake, cheers jamie

only problem is the minimised version also poses another problem, not all of the captions/txt from the normal screen is captured in the mimised form, any ideas of how i can solve this problem?

thanks for da help

OJ

Broxi, cud u tell us how you got it to work, as you knw the acer aspirone does not take CD/DVD's, i made an image file using power ISO and installed it on my aspireone.

but when i double click the exe file (FM10 icon) to start the game nothing happens, however when i check my memory usage using task manager it shows that fm.exe is running in the processes tray (shows nothing in the applications tray), so when i double click exe file again i get a message saying 'fm is already running' whereas in actuality the game hasnt loaded on screen.

would appreciate it if anyone could suggest a fix, i'm always out and hardly get time on my home pc and i dnt wanna buy a laptop.

cheers

OJ

p.s. i've already tried changing file target to "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --windowed --small_screen but i get a message saying 'target is not valid/recognised'

i mounted the image using daemon tools then used windowed --small_screen after you type it in to target just press enter dont apply it

Archived