Questionnaire for research

This questionnaire is for college research and i want to know about audience profiling. I would appreciate it if you can take the time to answer the questions.

Football Manager 2009 – Questionnaire

Under 16 17-20 21-24 25-28 29-32 33+

Occupation?

How many hours a week do you play the game?

Do you have a strong interest in football, would this enhance your gaming experience?

What is your opinion on the user interface?

Do you think the game is easy to use?

What genre of music, if any, would you prefer the game to have?

Do you play it online?

If so how long do you spend online?

What improvements, if any, do you feel the game needs?

Your original thread is still open and you could have just bumped that. The second thread you opened was closed by a moderator due to it being redundant, so why are you opening yet another one?

This is the link to your original thread, in case you cannot find it for some reason: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=111324

Edit: Hmm, weird how this thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=112211) was closed yesterday but this one is left open today. :D

This questionnaire is for college research and i want to know about audience profiling. I would appreciate it if you can take the time to answer the questions.

Occupation?

Consultant :p. Tax collector

15-20 on average

Do you have a strong interest in football, would this enhance your gaming experience?

Yes, and this definately makes the game more fun for me

Needs a bit of work, especially in the tactics part, more indicators on general tactical view would be great.

If you have played cm and fm over the years, sure. If I was new to the game I think I would be rather confused.

Faith no more on loop. :D

Do you play it online?

Did for 07 and 08, but my mates think 09 is to complicated, thus I have noone to play with :(

A couple of things come to mind: A clearer explanation of the slider system and their relations to each other. (Or a total rework)

Bringing back the old news "inbox" with every bit of news that could have even a remote interest to the user, fm09 feels far to isolated, you're no longer a part of a football world, every other league and division seems like it's barely there.

And one final thing, the press conferences need to go or be vastly improved in my point of view. They get boring after 30 minutes of any save for me, and the assman cocks them up badly when I send him:rolleyes:

Occupation? Accountant

How many hours a week do you play the game? 10ish

Do you have a strong interest in football, would this enhance your gaming experience? Yes I do - I'm also heavily interested in facts, figures, etc hence why I thoroughly enjoy Football Manager

What is your opinion on the user interface? As good as it has ever been, maybe a bit complicated for an initial user but is soon easily managable

Do you think the game is easy to use? See above comment on user interface

What genre of music, if any, would you prefer the game to have? Heavy metal!

Do you play it online? No

If so how long do you spend online? N/A

What improvements, if any, do you feel the game needs? Possibly an easier "mode" for beginners to ease them into the game and it's infinite options

Occupation?

Chef

8-10

Strong interest in Football, not sure how appealing the game would be to non-football fans.

'Tis Grand

Yes.

Def leppard?

Im sure you could just hava a media player going in the bckground.

Do you play it online?

Will be soon

Not much, few tweaks here and there, i woudnt drastically change it.

33+

Occupation?

Management Research

5-10

Watcher not a player, although I have a strong academic interest in the management side of the game, which enhances the experience.

Has reached the stage where tools need to become concepts as it is now too complex for the former.

If you understand the concepts or stumble on a super-tactic, yes. If not, no.

None, so I can play iTunes in the background

Do you play it online?

No, although I do Beta test FML

N/A

Reconceptualisation of tactical interface and adding of dynamism to the match experience. Linking of training to tactics. Better AI squad management. More player/manager interpersonal communication.

Reconceptualisation of tactical interface and adding of dynamism to the match experience. Linking of training to tactics. Better AI squad management. More player/manager interpersonal communication.

wow, looks like we agree 100% about everything there :thup:

Occupation?

Economic Development Manager

4-5

Yes.

Alright.

Depends what you mean by use. It's easy to navigate and it's easy to know what you're doing, putting that knowledge into practice is the hard part.

Electro/80's.

Do you play it online?

No

N/A

Bring back adjustable arrows, CA/PA overhaul, greater explanation of tactics (in game), pre game tutorial, improved and icnreased interaction, ability to save highlights as video files.

Occupation?

Do you play it online?

male

wine-producing student

5 maybe

i do. it would (under some other circumstances) but it doesn't.

defenetly needs big time improvements.

it is easy to use mostly, tactical interface is not.

none.

no, i don't play in online.

none.

what wwfan said, more emphasis on player ability rather than tactics (find the right balance), more emhasis on man managment and squad atmpsphere, two footedness issue to be solved, in general i'd like all the major features to be improved.

25-28

Occupation?

Administration assistant for an engineering firm

Varies - I generally play in spurts, so it might be 15 hours one week, then 2 the next

Yes

Pretty functional. Could do with a few tweaks. More user customisation would be nice (not talking about making new skins or such, but being able to move items of the UI around and so on in game)

So-so. It's not "pick up and play", and it takes a long long time to master it, but it's not that hard to get started

None, I've got my MP3 collection for that

Do you play it online?

Nope

n/a

A more accesible verion of the tactic creation system - though leaving the current one as an "advanced mode" would be fine. Better performance with lots of leagues loaded. Better long term AI. Major improvements to the interaction and media sides of the game

Occupation? Student

How many hours a week do you play the game? It varies. About 10 hours of effective playing time on average.

Do you have a strong interest in football, would this enhance your gaming experience? Yes and yes.

What is your opinion on the user interface? It's good.

Do you think the game is easy to use? Yes

What genre of music, if any, would you prefer the game to have? Rock music from the late 60's and 70's.

Do you play it online? No

If so how long do you spend online? N/A

What improvements, if any, do you feel the game needs? Get rid off bugs.

Occupation?

www.granadapropertyreform.com - Proprietor

15+

Former semi-professional and senior amateur player, so have a footballing background. Follower of all levels of football, from Manchester United to Runcorn Linnets, Barcelona to Granada CF. So, a very strong interest in football. Does enhance what I experience with regards to my enjoyment of the FM series.

It's fine, although there's always room for improvement.

For me, yes. I embrace all the aspects of the game, which I feel makes the game easier to use overall. I am aware that many find aspects of the tactical side of the game very difficult, so am pleased in a way that SI appear to be looking at improving in-game assistance with "Tactical Wizards".

Not keen on any integrated music in the game. People always have the option of using utilities such as iTunes or WMP in the background if they want to play music.

Do you play it online?

Would very much like to but a poor home internet connection prohibits the possibility. Would not be feasable to use my laptop and mobile connection.

N/A

The idea of the "Tactical Wizard" that's apparently in the pipeline and being tested on FML seems a very good idea to help those struggling with tactics. Better interaction with media, players, staff, etc, would be great, but realistically we're a few years away from any major improvements with current AI technology.

Overall, the "core" of the game should remain the same, but I'm always pleased and impressed with the work SI do to make the improvements they do each release.

.........:)

wow, looks like we agree 100% about everything there :thup:

Just because I argue that the current system is very good once you know what it does, doesn't mean I don't think it can be better. There are two levels of debate. One, learn to work with what you have. Two, discuss how to improve what you have in the future. Too many people believe that explaining the former means you have no interest in the latter.

17-20

Occupation?

Student

20 or so

i do, i dont think its essential as i know someone who doesnt really like football, but loves fm because of its depth and logic challenges, but id say having a big interest would make it mean that little bit more :

its very good, especially the option to change ur skin e.t.c

to use yes, to do well in? no :L

i tend to shuffle, but preferrably upbeat music during matches, i.e rock

and during the team picking phase, maybe some dramatic tension builders? :p

Do you play it online?

nope

see above

well, there well documented in these forums

personally i think they needa fix the AMC bug, as well as increasing the player interaction options

and maybe making a less tactically astute version of the game for people who want to jsut play the game and win without all the head frying tactical challenges (personally i like this version, but i think there should b an easier one for those who want it, i see their ppoint of view)

Occupation? Technically oriented middle-manager

How many hours a week do you play the game? 20+

yes and yes

for the most part it is fairly understandable though I think there are too many sliders

Yes especially with the helper thing turned on

I prefer to provide my own sound track

Do you play it online?

No

Tactics needs to be changed to reflect a manager shouting at his team from the sidelines

And I'm adding some stuff down here because the board doesn't know that I wrote a bunch of stuff inside the quote tag.

Archived