Why is it when I sell players, in my finance section I do not get the full money out it. For example I am managing Crystal Palace who started with no money. I sold Matt Lawerance for £20K but I only recieved approx. £18K. What happened to rest of the £2K? There was no additional fees or anything like that just staight £20K transfer.

Tell me about it, just got Bournemouth promoted to the Premiership and was given 29 mill and the board gave me a transfer budget of 11 mill and I also received large transfer fee's for 2 players. I have a tight board and have to work on a shoestring budget! ;-)

It depends on your bank balance. Also, if the club is a limited company or not.

The better your balance, and whether you have a sugar daddy or not, will depend on your % of income. One thing I like about FM09 is that this will vary from season to season, month to month. One year I only had 30% of any transfer revenue, the next - because I did well and received a lot of TV money etc - I got 95% of income.

It's way more realistic than getting 100% across the board.

It is all down to the chairman really, his personality decides how much money you get back from sales, and it is also down to the club's financial state. If you are 10 million in the red and sell a player for 15 million, do you expect the chairman to give you all of it back, instead of securing the clubs financial state?

Because governments tax everything else and i'm sure i read somewhere that transfers are taxed. On the expenditure page of your finances screen there is a heading for Tax.

Im not sure if this is actually implemented into the game.

There is a percentage of the recieved transfer fee that is added to your transfer budget. You can look it up in the budget menu.

The percentage varies between the seasons, depending on your balance and the tier you are playing in, I think.

So if I sold a player for lets say £2million pounds straight without any add ons and the board decided that 80% of transfers will taken off I will then recieve £1.6million.

Indeed. Certain board attributes are a factor, but current club finances is also a factor and it can differ from signing to signing.

Small clubs/clubs in debt won't get the full transfer put back into their budget as a percentage of it will be kept to make sure the club doesn't go bankrupt. It does still go into your balance though so your not getting conned out of the money.

Archived