I think thats about it

From the problems ive had with steam and general validation of the game, to the problems i faced trying to play the game once it was validated (i had four different error messages when starting the game, one coming after fixing the previous one) to the horrible bugged mess that it was pre patch, to the lack of support after the 3.0 patch (ive had a problem with regen faces that no moderator has saw fit to even bother with in four posts) to the random crash dumps i keep getting messing up my save games, to the slow match engine and processing time, and the random tactical prowess in the game. (honestly try it, save before a game and play it three times without making one change differently, you will come up with different results) I think ive just about had enough, and thats strange for me to say because ive never said a bad word about the series yet.

I gave my copy of 08 away, i hear from others on the forum they finally got it playing like an fm game, but i remember the uproar on here when it was first released, so i skipped that version altogether hoping 09 would be much better. Its a shame because 07 was great even unpatched it was more than playable.

Wow im so frustrated with this game, but ill be in line in a years time giving over my money for FM10, im sure

its not really fair to blame alot of that post on SI, i brought that same game and no problems with crash dumps, faces etc.

What part of your match engine is slow, again mine flows perfectly, well near enough, although i do have a high end pc, again if your pc is causing the problem, its not SI's fault...

With regards to the tactics issue you mentioned, look at real life, how many times have the same teams played eachother in back to back game due to cups etc, and played the same players/formations and had different results, again as i have posted many times, this isnt flawless but it is no where near as bad as people keep making out

My machine was top end around three years ago, the problem is a lot of people who play FM, ONLY play FM therefore their PC's arent built to play top end games. The beauty of CM/FM has always been the ease in which it was playable on most peoples computers. I understand that like the times, eventually i will need to upgrade, but i dont think anyone expected such a hike in requirements from 08 to 09.

Secondly, if the outcome of the matches are largely random (which im sure theyre not, but ive done these tests and have been alarmed at the hit and miss of them) then what is the point of the game?

the results are not random, what your saying is you have been playing and reloading, so the result will not be the same 100% of the time, if the results were just random then indeed there would be no point, results do vary irl as they do on FM, also you don't know what the AI manager sets 'instruction' wise, hence why i don't see the point of people saying "i quit and reload over and over and get different results" i tried it my self controlling both team so everything was identical, it resulted in, 1-0, 1-0, 2-1, 1-0, 1-0, 2-0. That is consistent enough for me!

Archived