A couple of questions.

Can a nation not in FIFA become a FIFA member mid-game? Because in my game, I could manager Guadelupe (Only loaded extra players from San Marino:confused:), and they aren't in the FA.

The second question is that, seeing as some of the most obscure countries in the world are in the game, just thought if Gibraltar would be added in the database, even though they aren't a FIFA or Uefa member, but we have a Fifa level 1 stadium:o. I was thinking about this, when looking at two Gibraltarians in Spanish squads, and they were listed as being Spanish first(to my annoyance), then English. Just wondered. Any reply would be welcome.

I reckon you'll need a SI response for both. What happens with Guadelupe, can they qualify for tournaments?

Don't know, haven't seem them in any matches, but they have a full squad of real players in the 08/09 season. Will keep an eye out for this. Strange though to get Guadelupe, which is the name of my grandmother as well, when I only loaded extra players from San Marino.

Guadeloupe play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, so whilst not a FIFA member they are involved in a competition that the game supports. So that's probably why they're available to manage.

Cool. That explains it. How I managed to get the opportunity to, when not loading any extra players from there however is beyond me.

Cool. That explains it. How I managed to get the opportunity to, when not loading any extra players from there however is beyond me.

You don't have to load all players to be able to manage a country, sometimes they become available because of newgens.

side question: why would any nation not become a FIFA member in real life? don't they, even small, benefit from a membership somehow? maybe funds?

I don't think it's a matter of choice. Some are probably deemed too small or insignificant by FIFA.

The other reason I would think, at least in relation to Guadaloupe, is that Guadaloupe are still a French territory and their residents are also French residents (from what I read). So basically a player can play for Guadaloupe and still represent France since they are basically interchangeable.

Yeah, some countries don't get acceptance into FIFA or UEFA for numerous reasons. I can never forgive Spain for the political c*ap that Spain brought up, including something about the Treaty of Utrecht, and the threat to pull out all clubs from UEFA competitions, just to stop Gibraltar getting into UEFA. Not like Gibraltar are going to trouble anyone in the European Championships.

Thanks for some light on this. Yeah, I forgot, the FIFA/UEFA are not the UNO.

UNO?

I am going to take a wild guess and say that that might be the United Nations Organisation?

150 IIRC Pnefc, remember someone in SI saying that.

Yeah, most of their players are French players, not regens though, most famous of all being the "amazing" Noe Pamarot ;)

Archived