prefered moves and personality - do they make up for the stats

ok so stats are important yes....but do you ever look on the "positions" screen to see what "prefered moves" they do. for example C ronaldo...isnt THAT great. in my game youngster H saviet becomes as good on stats by age of 21.... but hes not as god a player. how much of an imput do prefered moves make . Ronaldo for example "takes free kicks with power"...does this make him better free kick taker than say rosiscky (ronald =14 on fk stats, rosisk = 15)....

also , personality like determined is great for obvious reasons. and mental qualities like tema work, etc can mea ncan recover better from taking goals....but how do you all weigh up the "non visible" stats which are hard to directly see in game (mental) from the "visible" (pace)

ok so stats are important yes....but do you ever look on the "positions" screen to see what "prefered moves" they do. for example C ronaldo...isnt THAT great. in my game youngster H saviet becomes as good on stats by age of 21.... but hes not as god a player. how much of an imput do prefered moves make . Ronaldo for example "takes free kicks with power"...does this make him better free kick taker than say rosiscky (ronald =14 on fk stats, rosisk = 15)....

also , personality like determined is great for obvious reasons. and mental qualities like tema work, etc can mea ncan recover better from taking goals....but how do you all weigh up the "non visible" stats which are hard to directly see in game (mental) from the "visible" (pace)

PPMs dont give anymore ability. They are governed by stats. For example, 'likes to shot from long range' doesn't mean that he is good at it, just that he likes to do it. So takes free kicks with power doesnt mean he is better at it than Rosicky.

With personalities I always try to have professional or determined and try to avoid the more dangerous types.

Indeed. I've loaned out Danny Welbeck for Triestina and he's clearly learnt from Wayne Rooney - shoots from distance (Welbeck's Long Shots is 8), shoots with power (Welbeck's composure is around 10, and his finishing is 14), argues with officials (I wonder what's the point of Rooney teaching Welbeck this), drops deep to get the ball (the problem is, he drops deep and then shoots long) - he has 31% of shots on target and has more shots than my other two better strikers put together - and he's my fourth-top scorer. icon_frown.gif

These moves benefit the players if their attributes allow it (except perhaps argues with officials, dwells on ball, tries to play way out of trouble and winds up opponents).

Archived