damaged hard drive

i recently had to boot from disk to restore my hard drive, and its working fine now, but still fails the dst short test that looks for errors on the hard drive. if my hardware is perhaps starting to be on its way out, will there be any performance issues with playing football manager? not talking about the possibility of losing saves, because I can see that, but in terms of maybe the calculations in the game might be affected?

i recently had to boot from disk to restore my hard drive, and its working fine now, but still fails the dst short test that looks for errors on the hard drive. if my hardware is perhaps starting to be on its way out, will there be any performance issues with playing football manager? not talking about the possibility of losing saves, because I can see that, but in terms of maybe the calculations in the game might be affected?

You need to buy a bit of software called SpinRite which has saved me loads of times when I've had damaged hard drives. It's available from grc.com and it's well worth buying if your hard drive is damaged.

Archived