1 click to set all "show onto weaker foot"

How about an option to tell your players to "shove left wingers/midfielders onto right foot", not the "shove the player currently in left wing whom they'll put into striker position as soon as I click confirm onto right foot" ? :)

Or, at least, make the small changes like that happen immediately, not after the opponent takes that extended corner attack.

Or, at least, make the small changes like that happen immediately, not after the opponent takes that extended corner attack.

That's a problem for me, too. You can't expect for the ball to go out, or for a series of set pieces to end, in order to see your changes applied. I mean slight changes, i.e for a player to stay back, or play direct passing etc. Frustrating, especially when you try to defend a score on the last minutes and you have to endure waves of attacks before your MC finally decides to listen to you and play as DM. It would happen on the spot IRL.

That's a problem for me, too. You can't expect for the ball to go out, or for a series of set pieces to end, in order to see your changes applied. I mean slight changes, i.e for a player to stay back, or play direct passing etc. Frustrating, especially when you try to defend a score on the last minutes and you have to endure waves of attacks before your MC finally decides to listen to you and play as DM. It would happen on the spot IRL.

I personally like to think of that as an event in the game that can't be changed as soon as it starts, i.e. the short term outcome will be the same no matter what you do, the change will only affect what happens afterwards.

i hope there is a

1 click to set all "show onto weaker foot" in opposition instructions.

very inconvenience to set every players in every match :(

I often find that if I set too many opposition instructions for my players, they become ineffective. Like my player's brains have been so overloaded with info that they cant handle it, so they do nothing.

However, when the right instructions are given to a select few of the opposition, it seems to work a lot better

The "show onto weak foot" instruction is one i dont understand. Yes, i understand what it means, but if there is no negative consequences for picking it (except for a rare right footed left wing cutting inside & scoring), why is it so painful to set up? Maybe default should have been to show onto weak foot and there was an option somewhere *not* to do it.

The easy answer to this should be to allow multiple players to be selected using say shift and click to paint them. Once painted changes to one player should be applied to all selected.

Its very boring having to to do this for every player for every match

Agreed - multiple selection and ability to save as part of the tactic seems such a simple and obvious thing that was needed and hasn't been implemented simply. Maybe it's why I'm having mares with this version but really can't be bothered to set them every match!

Actually some of these oppo instructions are an area that I would say should be a matter of player ability/skill/intelligence to decide upon in the match not the manager as such. Take Ashley Cole vs C. Ronaldo for example - there aren't many players that play him better but I would think this is because Cole is a good full back rather than being told specifically to 'push him one way or another', do this or that. As has been said elsewhere though perhaps that is a hard aspect to program into a sim like this and has to be reflected in a simplistic/unrealistic instruction approach.

Actually some of these oppo instructions are an area that I would say should be a matter of player ability/skill/intelligence to decide upon in the match not the manager as such. Take Ashley Cole vs C. Ronaldo for example - there aren't many players that play him better but I would think this is because Cole is a good full back rather than being told specifically to 'push him one way or another', do this or that. As has been said elsewhere though perhaps that is a hard aspect to program into a sim like this and has to be reflected in a simplistic/unrealistic instruction approach.

you think Ashley's Manager didn't give him any guidelines on how to handle Ronaldo? imo of course he did, it's how Ashley takes the coach instructions and combines them with his own ability that made him so good at marking Ronaldo. If it was up to Ashley, he would be playing winger all the time :)

Archived