Opposition Instructions issue - bug or on purpose?

One thing which keeps annoying me about the opposition instructions is that if you change your tactic during the match, all OI are reset.

I don't know if that is a bug or done on purpose. In any way I strongly hope this will change.

As there is so much to tweak during a match when making changes and as usually I end up making more or less the same changes (when defending a lead, when chasing a goal), I have created a few tactics, all based on my standard formation, so that I just have to switch between them during a match. Makes things quicker. Well, it would. If I didn't have to reset all OI after changing the tactic, because they are all gone (sometimes for no apparent reason one set of OI for one of the opposition strikers is still there :confused:) :mad:

I tend to believe that this is a bug, but maybe it makes sense to someone who coded it to be like that. Then I just don't get the reason for that. Would be grateful for clarification.

As I use many OI (all oppo mids and strikers on hard tackling and weaker foot, wingers and DMs also on closing down) it's always a lot of work to enter those back to what they were. In the end now I sometimes prefer tweaking all those single notches in my own tactic as before instead of using my own pre-set tactics because it is quicker than just changing the tactic and then all the OI again :thdn:

Surely that shouldn't be the case. :(

Btw I also have one question. Is there any negative effect to showing a player on his weaker foot? If not, then I don't see a reason why one should not always do that with any opposition player. And then why the game doesn't make the setting automatically. Still, I have no idea yet what kind of disadvantage that might be... Can you enlighten me?

Btw I also have one question. Is there any negative effect to showing a player on his weaker foot? If not, then I don't see a reason why one should not always do that with any opposition player. And then why the game doesn't make the setting automatically. Still, I have no idea yet what kind of disadvantage that might be... Can you enlighten me?

If, say, a player is only slightly weaker with his left than his right, then forcing onto his weaker foot wouldn't make much difference in terms of his ability, but it might in terms of his play - for example, if he's playing on the left wing, then you're sending him wide all the time - not what you want if he's a good crosser.

Alternatively, say his left foot is much weaker, yet he's bad at passing and long shots. You might be better off sending him inside onto his stronger foot, because he's not likely to be able to do anything useful.

Most of the time, weaker foot is better, but not always.

As to the main question, well, it's been like that for years, and we've been complaining for years....:rolleyes:

I believe that the OIs do not reset with 9.3

As far as showing opponents to weaker foot, it would be counter productive if a player is two-footed, or good enough with his weaker foot. Essentially you are allowing a player a clear chance to pass/shoot/dribble with his weaker foot, and if his weak foot is good enough to do either, chances are he will hurt you. So use sparingly is my suggestion.

Another way to use the show onto foot OI is to channel the opposition attack in the direction you want. I.E. if they have a fast striker you want to show their wingers outside (MR show to right foot, ML/AML shot to left foot) so that you force them to cross and not pass the ball to feet or in space to the fast striker where he can do the most damage. Or irl, Liverpool's defense is very good at channeling the opposition attack through the middle where their strong DCs and DM can break the attack. One way they do this is to show opposition player into a specific foot.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice which is highly appreciated :)

I am using 9.3.0 (save started with 9.1.0 though) and I am definitely experiencing the bug, as now I think one can call it. (mods feel free to move this thread)

It may have been in the game for ages, just now for the first time more and more people are using more than one saved tactics set in one game, so more people are experiencing the problem now which imho makes it more urgent to fix it. :(

Archived