Training Module - Time for a revamp?

Hi all.

One thing I noticed in FM09s match engine is that, sometimes, the players don't seem to know what to do with the ball. It's difficult do make them play one-twos, protect the ball and turn, small things like that.

SI came up with the (good) idea of making the players learn PPK's, or for that matter, a new position, taking away a percentage in training in the meantime.

What I would like to see would be an addition to what already exists in the form of PPK's; that is, instead of saying "go and learn this" and they learn it (or not), to have the abbility to coach them into it as a team or in singular mode.

Instead of having them training offense, defence, etc., were you have a slider for intensity, you could have a variety of offensive or defensive plays, wich could still exist in a slider mode... Like training the teams defenders to learn to play the offside better. Or the forwards to beat it. Or midfielders to play one-twos...

What do you think?

Any additional thoughts?

I agree training needs looked at, not enough options.

Would also like to see option of adopting your management style to examples such as an Arsene Wenger style where on appointment at a club you pick to concentrate on developing young talent and your coaches and scouts follow that or on the Sam Allardyce approach of sports science with staff such as analysits, mental coaches etc Or the Harry Redkanpp wheling and dealing option

I agree training needs looked at, not enough options.

Would also like to see option of adopting your management style to examples such as an Arsene Wenger style where on appointment at a club you pick to concentrate on developing young talent and your coaches and scouts follow that or on the Sam Allardyce approach of sports science with staff such as analysits, mental coaches etc Or the Harry Redkanpp wheling and dealing option

That would be good, the training does need an overhaul to make more accesable. I heard they are adding a tactics "wizard" into FM live? Perhaps the same could be added for training (optional of course).

An extension to geordiebaz's idea could be that after youve been managing a club for a while and built up your backroom staff, to take them with you when you take on a new job. It happens in real life and could be linked to favoured personnel, so after you have built your team of sports scientists or whatever they could stick with you and you with them.

Archived