second season with inter - no reserve league

what should i do? i managed man utd for 10 years but now im at inter i need my reserves playing regular football, should i just go through the pain of arranging friendlies for them every few weeks? is there no way to get them into a league?

my solutions was to cut my reserves to only guys with potential and loan them out. The only way imo, as you notice in season one that is basically the case with all the non-first teamers. Inter comes with a lot of affiliated clubs, about 10 I believe, which cover a decent span of levels, from Chievo & one top czech team, to some italian minnows. In my game, i think I cut or sold all of the original reserves with the exception of Kerlon, Acquafresca, and maybe a couple of others. The fact that the youth squad is U20 is a pretty good cover tho, as it allows the young guys to spend more time in the academy, where they get regular games.

IMO, arranging friendlies for the reserves is a bonus rather than a chore. It lets you arrange fixtures tailored to the needs of the first team rather than being confined to the pre-arranged fixtures of a reserve league.

Just for an example - say your fixtures are sunday and wednesday; the reserve league fixture is tuesday = you get a first team injury on wednesday morning and your reserve replacement isn't as fit as he would be for your big match as he would've been if you'd arranged a reserve friendly for the monday. Just my opinion. I'm happy with it the way it is.

IMO, arranging friendlies for the reserves is a bonus rather than a chore. It lets you arrange fixtures tailored to the needs of the first team rather than being confined to the pre-arranged fixtures of a reserve league.

Just for an example - say your fixtures are sunday and wednesday; the reserve league fixture is tuesday = you get a first team injury on wednesday morning and your reserve replacement isn't as fit as he would be for your big match as he would've been if you'd arranged a reserve friendly for the monday. Just my opinion. I'm happy with it the way it is.

Yeah I agree. I'm managing in Serie C (not the same but similar, with no reserve league) and I'm happy to arrange a series of weekly friendlies every Monday, a bit tedious but if any of them need to be drafted in (or I feel just deserve the "promotion"), then they are match fit and raring to go having played a game six (or sometimes five) days previous, since most my fixtures are on a Sunday, occassionally a Saturday.

It can be a bit tedious I admit, but IMO it's worth it, and I love the fact I can tailor fixtures to when I want them. What I do is go through all the Italian non-league teams A-Z, most of them are filled with greys or poor players but it also allows me to discover the odd gem hidden in a non-league team who might impress against my reserves, particularly with me playing at Serie C level anyway.

It's great for getting first team injuries back to match fitness as well.

What I do is go through all the Italian non-league teams A-Z, most of them are filled with greys or poor players but it also allows me to discover the odd gem hidden in a non-league team

I pick Serie C teams, always at their ground and I like to think I'm spreading a bit of wealth in the lower leagues :) I start at A and the following season I start at Z. Just a habit I've gotten into.

Archived