Anyone Actually Got Into It ?

It's hard to get into fm09 these days...

I just make a game and get bored of it unlike when FM08 was around everyone use to go mad for that we had a new threaad nearly every 2 mins on the forums, everyone loving it. i see that there is not that much hype this year?

I wonder why this is, Alot of people pulled out of purchasing the game after the demo but surely that can not be the main reason?

Reviews/Debate/Slate :thup:

I have not been able to start an actual game since the latest patch.

I'm basically setting up new game after new game and testing out different theories and tactics, sometimes the same one two or three times to see if i missed anything the first or second time?

I've always found a way to play this game in the past and still hold out hope that i can still do so, but i may well have to wait for FM2010 and the introduction of the new tactical wizard?

Yeh im prob heading back to 08. 09 is simply terrible IMHO. And after three patches simply inexcusable. Probably a very hard game to get right, but you have to admit past versions seemed much more complete. And it seems all im playing against is a lot of pre programmed catch up logic theses days.

Always the way though. Its always our fault.

I agree that it is difficult to get into! I have a habit of finding an hour, loading a new game, with leagues I have never played before, only to find after an hour i have acheived little or nothing, and go to bed. I am trying to always play at a lower level to create longevity, however, I struggle to find the time!

I just cannot understand how when i just played at Home to Hull and had 20 odd shots to their 1 and won 3-0, then play them four days later in the League Cup again at Home against the same set up and players and this time i have one shot and they have 20 and they win 3-0?

Its all very bizzare

I just cannot understand how when i just played at Home to Hull and had 20 odd shots to their 1 and won 3-0, then play them four days later in the League Cup again at Home against the same set up and players and this time i have one shot and they have 20 and they win 3-0?

Its all very bizzare

Probably because the AI manager figured out the way you were playing last time and changed his tactics to counter how you play, not hard to understand really.

Probably because the AI manager figured out the way you were playing last time and changed his tactics to counter how you play, not hard to understand really.

Your right, its not hard to understand thats what the AI Manager has done, what is hard to understand is just what to do about it?

It appears to me that since the last patch AI Managers seem to choose the "Perfect" tactics with much more consistency than in the past, yet i'm still stuck wondering if my own issues are tactical or player related? :confused:

Your right, its not hard to understand thats what the AI Manager has done, what is hard to understand is just what to do about it?

It appears to me that since the last patch AI Managers seem to choose the "Perfect" tactics with much more consistency than in the past, yet i'm still stuck wondering if my own issues are tactical or player related? :confused:

Try tweaking your formation or tactics a little so that your set up differently to the last game? If im playing the same team a few times in quick succession I normally do that to try and keep them guessing.

it's difficult, but nevertheless I like the challenge. Some dedicated forum reading is mandatory, though, since I don't have the time of trial & error myself.

But hoping for some wizardry in FM2010.... I like looking for gems and leave the tactics and training to my assmanager. When we loose, I can kick him at least before I get the sack :-)

FM2009 is the best FM yet, and much better than last years where I felt one tweak of a slider made far too much difference.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and hope SI keep the difficulty level as it is, as the balance is perfect between being challenging and being fun.

I actually am enjoying 09 much more then 08. There are certain flaws on 09, yes, but I've had some of my longest games in years on it. I know some people don't, but I really like the 3D, and, as to the tactics, after trying to make my own more than a few times, and failing to get anything that showed any promise over more than 5 games, I download a tactic off here and it's been going fine.

Have to admit - I'm hooked again just like I was when it all started with Championship Manager back in the 90's.

I do get frustrated with it at times, (like now where Kenwright is about to sack me despite winning the FA Cup (first season), UEFA Cup (2nd season) and finishing 4th in the League!

Im averaging 3-4 hours a day which is not good as I have new born twins and a job to go to!

Into it, onto it, not looking back. Toughest FM yet, but that's what makes it fun. By 2017 in FM08, I was king of the world and getting bored. Looking around now, I've got a long way to go before I can make a run at the Champs League title...heck, I'll have to get a few results this year to make the Champs League.

Finally, a game where I can't simply win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, draw, win, lose, win, win, win, lose, draw, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win.

Loving it.

For my part I'm sitting here at work, thinking all day about what I could do for next season to make my squad reach the Champions League again (will probably just finish 5th this time).

Who has to go? Who may I sign? Should I sign a replacement or just one or two really big players and leave the residual spots open for my highly talented youngsters who don't develop well because they hardly get any playing time?

If that is getting into it, I have done that.

For ym part I'm sitting here at work, thinking all day about what I could do for next season to make my squad reach the Champions League again (will probably just finish 5th this time).

Who has to go? Who may I sign? Should I sign a replacement or just one or two really big players and leave the residual spots open for my highly talented youngsters who son't develop well because they hardly get any playing time?

If that is getting into it, I have done that.

Hear, here! Scarey, to read that someone else does exactly what I do when I'm too far away from my keyboard to actually do anything about it....

This is the only FM ive ever played for more than 3 seasons, last year i struggled to finish one or two. Now im in 2019/2020 and still going strong. IMO the best so far, people are actually challenging me for the league, its exciting to see arsenal/man city/chelsea and occasionally liverpool chase me down or be ahead of me and i have to chase them. Regens are excellent (almost :p) i have found several at very young ages and brought them through the ranks, even my academt are producing good players.

When it first came out in November it took me a couple of months to get into it properly. Then 9.2.0 came out and I found the right tactic, since then there isn't a night that goes by that I don't turn on FM and play for hours on end. It's actually stopped me from going to the gym tonight. I'd rather start my 6th season with my Villa game than going to 'scope the guns'. ;)

fm08 was the worst version ever going right back to the 90's

i'd like to see a mix between 07 and 09 myself

agreed, FM08 was the worst CM/FM game ever made (played it a little bit then uninstalled and returned to shop, it was that bad)

Really struggling to get into it. I love the wheeling and dealing, signing players, developing young talent etc.

But the tactics are TOO complicated and NOT realistic. (anyone who thinks that's how football really works has never been to a game or known nothing about it)

I've even taken to doing the signings during the transwfer windows, sending young players out on loan etc and then buggering off 'on holiday' until the next one because my assistanty manager always gets better results. (And yet, I'm not allowed to ask him how he does it. How realistic is THAT)

Bizarre, I find this the best release since it started on the Amiga. I expect by August this year I may enthusiasm to continue the saved game may wane but its always restarted when the next full release is available.

The tactics don't have to be complicated, in fact over tweaking during games can be a bad things

Really struggling to get into it. I love the wheeling and dealing, signing players, developing young talent etc.

But the tactics are TOO complicated and NOT realistic. (anyone who thinks that's how football really works has never been to a game or known nothing about it)

I've even taken to doing the signings during the transwfer windows, sending young players out on loan etc and then buggering off 'on holiday' until the next one because my assistanty manager always gets better results. (And yet, I'm not allowed to ask him how he does it. How realistic is THAT)

He's after your job ;)

fm08 was the worst version ever going right back to the 90's

i'd like to see a mix between 07 and 09 myself

Have to agree about the mix of 07 and 09 although 08 was really good. Im getting into me save really well actually, even thought there have been a couple of minor problems on the latest patch but still brilliant as ever

Archived