applying for new wp

ive signed this young japanese kid for arsenal, on the basis that his work permit was rejected - you know the msg "he will be ineligible to play for arsenal until he obtains a wp"

so ive loaned him out for a while, in which time hes now been playing every game for japan...

he still has no work permit to play for me

how do i go about re applying for a work permit?

ive offered him new contracts twice now to which he has agreed and signed, but no work permit application was applied for....so now he's got 2 years entension but i still cant play him!

thanks in advance

To elaborate on aussieant32's point, attaining another nationality is a method of bypassing work permit limitations. The player would not require a work permit anymore if he holds an EU country's passport. You can track a player's progress on attaining another nationality in his "player profile" screen under the "personal" section.

Here is a screenshot highlighting the section I am referring to:

SecondNationality.jpg

Once a player fulfills the obligatory period of stay in a country to qualify for citizenship, he would then be given the opportunity to decide if he wants to take up citizenship. Be wary though that sometimes, a player might not qualify even after spending the required length of stay due to him not learning how to speak the native language. The cause for this is the player's poor hidden "adaptability" attribute.

hi

yes ive loaned him to a feeder club in spain, but its going to take 3000+ days to gain nationality there! whats that, 8 years or something?!!

ive tried to find other "work permit" feeder clubs, but the board has returned none found about 4 times...

so, as he has been getting caps i would like to try re applying for a permit...

as typing this ive just thought though, maybe its because he is accepting the contract whilst away on loan in spain, where he doesn’t need a wp....?

ill try bringing him back into my reserves and then offering a new contract...! :)

hi

yes ive loaned him to a feeder club in spain, but its going to take 3000+ days to gain nationality there! whats that, 8 years or something?!!

ive tried to find other "work permit" feeder clubs, but the board has returned none found about 4 times...

so, as he has been getting caps i would like to try re applying for a permit...

as typing this ive just thought though, maybe its because he is accepting the contract whilst away on loan in spain, where he doesn’t need a wp....?

ill try bringing him back into my reserves and then offering a new contract...! :)

It should not matter where he is when you are offering him a new contract. What matters though, is the role you are offering him. To increase the likelihood of him earning a work-permit, you could offer him a role of either "Important first-team player" or "Key player".

And 3000+ days is insane. But if you cannot find a work-permit feeder club, your best bet would probably be to leave him at the spanish club and try to offer him new contracts until he secures a work-permit.

Archived