Do you ever get bored of winning?

i generally feel if i have won every trophy with a team i will try to move to a different country win every trophy there and move on etc, but that takes a little while, or sometimes aim for a treble in england of FA cup, league and champions league beforei move on depends when the good jobs come.

i definatley do, started at hibs, within a few years was winning everything domestically and in europe (post takeover), won everything with Boca, moved on, just started a go with sporting to see if i can have some challenges for title and manage a few results in europe

Well, there are some people who like a challenge. If they feel that they won everything they want to win, they like to struggle with a lower-ranked team, and see if they can do it.

Personally, for me, I am just a glory hunter. I want as many trophies as possible :D

No, but I get frustrated with losing

Same here ^^

No whats the point in playing FM if you get bored of winning. What a stupid question

Don't insult people mate, its obvious what the question meant was along the lines of if you are winning everything do you start over or carry on etc, its not a stupid question.

Normally when I manage top division clubs, momentum gathers after I win my first trophy and it usually results in my domestic dominance, if not continental too. When it comes to the point when I get bored of coasting to league titles and domestic cups, I would then move to another country and start afresh.

My experience with this year's FM is slightly different however. My first season with Arsenal, the team I support and and always start with in FM, produced a nail-biting finale. Knocked out of all cup competitions by February, the only silverware I was left chasing for was the league title. In the period from Christmas to the last match day, I had overcome a 14 point deficit to overtake Chelsea and claim the league title on goal difference.

The next two seasons did not offer much in terms of such exhilarating drama though, as I very comfortably won both the league and the champion's league titles in each season. Now based on previous editions of FM, this would be when I would resign and pack my bags for another country.

However, I had a vision for Arsenal, and that was that I would field a fully British first XI on the pitch one day. And I have already begun works on it, with the last pieces of my puzzle a 16 year old regen who was just promoted to my U18 academy. Until I nurture him and the rest of my British youth academy prospects into my first team squad and win trophies with them, I would not leave Arsenal.

With that in mind, I begun my fourth season with one clear goal in mind. In order to lessen the risks of boredom ruining my aim of an all-British first XI, I would have to not steamroll my way to that many trophies this year. Perverse it may sound, but true it is as where is the fun if you keep winning trophies upon trophies with no challenger in clear sight?

By January of the fourth season, I examined the league table and surprise surprise, I was in the pole position and the next club below was Manchester United, with a gulf of 7 points between us. If this was anything like the previous two seasons, I would not relinquish this lead and again storm to the title with a handful of games to spare. However this was not, as I do not want it to be.

So what can I do to improve Manchester United's form, stopping short of controlling them myself? Moreover, a stubborn squad building AI meant that Man Utd continually shoot themselves in the foot by not signing anyone decent and relying on a threadbare first team squad and their under-preforming youths.

The solution was to save and reload. Yes, save the game before their matches and reload if they lose. :thup: What a weird world it is when a person does that not to the benefit of his own team, but rather his nearest challenger in a bid to create a more exciting league finish. :rolleyes:

And exciting fourth season it turned out to be, I got knocked out of the champion's league at the first knockout round by Lyon, the eventual winners of that season's champion's league final. I had also lost the league title by 1 point to Man Utd. I must have reloaded at least four matches for Man Utd, to convert their draws or losses into wins. The only consolation I had that season, was a FA Cup winner's medal.

But overall, that fourth season worked like a charm. Now, I have recaptured some of that hunger and desire to win the league and champion's league again. And half of my British youth prospects are entering their twenties and beginning to contribute more and more to the first team. And lastly, dare I hope it to continue, but it seems I need not resort to reloading the game to provide competition for my team in this fifth season too. For Manchester City, after their previous four inconsistent seasons, has finally been showing the form that is expected of their expensively assembled squad. I have yet to reload a single match for City and they are sitting top of the league with 13 wins out of 15.

So, the moral of the story, for those of you patient enough to read through all of my post, is when you think you are getting bored of winning, try reloading the game to induce wins from your nearest challengers. Yes, it is unnatural, but at the end of the day, you will shake off some of that staleness and boredom and result in your continued enjoyment of that save. :D

no I don't get bored with winning. I usually just lose patience with a save and start again. Although I doubt I will do that with the save I've just started. If you want to challenge yourselves pop into the CSE forum and have a look at the Real London CSE thread set up by NepentheZ. there is a created database in there which has people off the forums put intoit in a new team in the blue square south. Now that's a good challenge

Yes I do. I always play as Brighton, and in my FM09 save have just won the Premiership for the first time. At the moment I've already lost some of my passion for the save, but I will keep going in the hope of winning the Champions League. Once I've done that it's quite possible that I'll give up and start a new game, as Brighton again, using the updated database.

Not of winning. That is what I do this for.

But of winning with the same team when all the challenge keft is to defend titles which were defended before. Then I need a new challenge.

Sometimes I just get bored without success too, but definitely not of winning itself.

No whats the point in playing FM if you get bored of winning. What a stupid question

I think its a pretty good question and something i've thought about a lot. I get bored sometimes even before the winning starts! If i've built a good team which in theory should be capable of beating anyone else in the world I get bored at the thought of playing FM. I think this is due to the lack of a sense of acheivement.. If i win everything then there's no great fuss because I was expected to, hence the boredom. To improve this I reckon there should be a lot more recognition for you and the team when you win a trophy, maybe introduce some celebration scene videos? I'm sure there are better ideas than this but the *Former *TEAM* favourite *EX PLAYER NAME* has praised manger XXXX for leading them to cup glory" does get boring!

Actually, yes.

Last season I managed to win every single league match (playing as Benfica, Portuguese league). Only conceded 3 goals (30 game season) and scored something like 100 (or more? don't remember anymore). results of 4-0, 5-0, were commonplace.

I only look forward to the CL matches, which are a lot more interesting (but I also won the 6 CL league group matches reasonably easily).

So, yes, winning can become boring. I'm now trying to sell a good deal of my good players, bring in some youngsters and see if things get a bit more interesting. But it will be difficult, because the domestic opposition seems to get weaker and weaker. A problem, really, with the AI managed clubs, they always tend to become weaker while our team usually gets better and better. Boredom sets in, as a result.

And, yes, I also think the game doesn't reward you enough when you win. A measly message saying that management is pleased and a former glory is happy? Bah! There should be more than this. If, IRL, I would have won the CL there would be enourmous celebrations. If I win it, there are a couple of inbox messages, saying the same routine things and that's it.

AI controlled teams also need to improve a LOT, i.e. they must be a lot more aggressive signing promising young players and develop them. They always stay complacent, see their best players age and usually only sign medium quality ones, as replacements, very seldom do they use young players who were developed internally (the opposite of what I do).

Yes, but just when I find myself wanting to pull the plug and start over with another team I end up getting hammered out of a big comp and feel like I need to avenge the loss and play another season. Now it is 2017...and I'm still trying to win the treble.

I dont know if it's just me but when I'm winning I seem to continue my save game longer in the day than I would if I was losing a lot of the time.

If I was losing a lot I'd end up getting really frustrated and saving the game and take a few days off playing that save :D

Actually, yes.

Last season I managed to win every single league match (playing as Benfica, Portuguese league). Only conceded 3 goals (30 game season) and scored something like 100 (or more? don't remember anymore). results of 4-0, 5-0, were commonplace.

I only look forward to the CL matches, which are a lot more interesting (but I also won the 6 CL league group matches reasonably easily).

So, yes, winning can become boring. I'm now trying to sell a good deal of my good players, bring in some youngsters and see if things get a bit more interesting. But it will be difficult, because the domestic opposition seems to get weaker and weaker. A problem, really, with the AI managed clubs, they always tend to become weaker while our team usually gets better and better. Boredom sets in, as a result.

And, yes, I also think the game doesn't reward you enough when you win. A measly message saying that management is pleased and a former glory is happy? Bah! There should be more than this. If, IRL, I would have won the CL there would be enourmous celebrations. If I win it, there are a couple of inbox messages, saying the same routine things and that's it.

AI controlled teams also need to improve a LOT, i.e. they must be a lot more aggressive signing promising young players and develop them. They always stay complacent, see their best players age and usually only sign medium quality ones, as replacements, very seldom do they use young players who were developed internally (the opposite of what I do).

That's what I am finding with Rangers. I have not lost a domestic game for nearly 3 years. Even in the rare draw I have dominated totally but my strikers just couldn't finish.

I am in 2014 and am now looking at going on holiday between CL games. I normally play every match.

Why don't I choose to be manager of another team? It's an option but in the years I've played the game I have rarely bothered managng other teams. I sometimes move the Old Firm to England or other leagues instead.

I never get bored of winning just like Fergie never gets bored of winning. I want to turn my Villa team into World, European and Premier League champions every single season. Once I have achieved this, I will think about moving on to a new challenge :)

Yes, There is hardly any competition, the computer makes stupid signings and when they do make a decent signing they put the player in the reserves until he leaves. All AI managers in FM09 have the mental age of a 7 yr old :thdn:

Are you still finding that with 9.03? I haven't really played long enough to tell, but thought I could perhaps see some improvement.

i used to get bored of winning on older football managers but with this one i genuinely feel there is more of a challenge to maintain success and therefore i had the longest career i've ever had with a single manager. now i'm so far in the future of my save that there are loads of challenges that make it worth managing a team. many of the best teams around at the moment in world football have been seasons without trophies and to go there and pick things up would be great. with my current profile i want to win the league title in spain, italy and england and also hope to find my way to at least one of either france, germany or holland. there are always new challenges in football manager that is what makes it so great.

Archived