sigames needs to step up!!! fifa manager 2009 coming

dont mean to disrespect but, Fifa Manager 2009 is getting there, slowly. You guys should check out their website. i know its not so realistic but i has so many details that keep people interested. Ive been playing fm2008 for a while now and its getting boring and very predictable (same commentaries,reputation problems).to be honest fm hasnt improved much in last three years.just my opinion.

Originally posted by memoi:

dont mean to disrespect but, Fifa Manager 2009 is getting there, slowly. You guys should check out their website. i know its not so realistic but i has so many details that keep people interested. Ive been playing fm2008 for a while now and its getting boring and very predictable (same commentaries,reputation problems).to be honest fm hasnt improved much in last three years.just my opinion.

If they're your main problems with the game then I can't imagine it being too difficult to get them right next year. Do people even read the commentary anymore when you can see the 2D match engine.

Originally posted by KK2003:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by memoi:

Never have or will use the 2d engine always had commentary only just the way I like it icon14.gif

If they're your main problems with the game then I can't imagine it being too difficult to get them right next year. Do people even read the commentary anymore when you can see the 2D match engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by KK2003:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by memoi:

If they're your main problems with the game then I can't imagine it being too difficult to get them right next year. Do people even read the commentary anymore when you can see the 2D match engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure he's talking about the media rather than match commentary.

I think one of the most major advancement in the Football Manager series in recent years has been the match engine. No longer is it possible to find a one-size fits all tactic, and you'll have to tweak your tactics based on the opposition, just like real life. This realism and intricacy is something you just don't get in other games. By failing to understand the match engine (no hard feelings - I really dont icon_frown.gif), you can't feel the way the series has moved on. But in the end, the more you put into the game, the more you get out.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

I think one of the most major advancement in the Football Manager series in recent years has been the match engine. No longer is it possible to find a one-size fits all tactic, and you'll have to tweak your tactics based on the opposition, just like real life. This realism and intricacy is something you just don't get in other games. By failing to understand the match engine (no hard feelings - I really dont icon_frown.gif), you can't feel the way the series has moved on. But in the end, the more you put into the game, the more you get out.

Hear, Hear.

although my dearest PC is feeling the wrath of many of my fm08 games, its the constant excitement, tactical battles, transfers(as imperfect as they may be, what other transfer system allows you to get Kaka for 30m???), the vast amount of footballing knowledge in this game.

It keeps you wanting more and more.

This game may not be perfect, but what game is?(COD4 excluded)

Originally posted by canvey!!:

Eh...i still use one size fits all tactic icon_smile.gif It works just fine, since i won 3 premier leagues now in a row. Having some problems in Europe against teams with gray players. Im too cheap to pay for quality players. 90mil for a defender? yeah right..

But i have to agree with the poster that FM isnt progressing at all. FM08 is pretty much the same as FM05. Slightly different bugs but in the end not much has changed.

FIFA on the other hand doesnt interest me. Perhaps its a great game, but i dont want Sims like crap in a management game.

Originally posted by jakobx:

Eh...i still use one size fits all tactic icon_smile.gif It works just fine, since i won 3 premier leagues now in a row.

Who with though? Real Madrid? Barcelona? Manu? Chelski?

Just had a look at the fifamanager 09 screens, the game looks flash as always. I never got into fifa manager 08 big waste of money although it cost less than football manager.

One thing fm can benefit from I reckon is to use the ideas in tactics of fifa, like having a player in any position on the pitch, the changing tactics on the fly is good as well but I'm not sure if thats necessary for football manager.

Originally posted by Box:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

Eh...i still use one size fits all tactic icon_smile.gif It works just fine, since i won 3 premier leagues now in a row.

Who with though? Real Madrid? Barcelona? Manu? Chelski? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

weston-super-mare icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by jakobx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Eh...i still use one size fits all tactic icon_smile.gif It works just fine, since i won 3 premier leagues now in a row. Having some problems in Europe against teams with gray players. Im too cheap to pay for quality players. 90mil for a defender? yeah right..

But i have to agree with the poster that FM isnt progressing at all. FM08 is pretty much the same as FM05. Slightly different bugs but in the end not much has changed.

FIFA on the other hand doesnt interest me. Perhaps its a great game, but i dont want Sims like crap in a management game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree, and yeah the transfer market is an absolute joke.

Any chance it might be fixed- even though it shouldve been fixed years ago. icon_rolleyes.gif

Very sad that I have such a negative opinion of a company that I once admired.

FIFA will never threaten FM, simply because of style...

EA sticks to mainstream, "E" rated, fun-for-all games. As a result, they'll never bite into the hardcore management-simulation fans behind FM.

Maybe some, but certainly not enough to raise any concerns.

A good example would be the list of transfer targets taken from a list of relegated players at the end of each season, detailing players we could potentially purchase at a bargain rate (why hello, Robbie Earnshaw!).

Great idea. I always trawl through them anyway but collating all this information is always useful. (hello the player search feature that doesn't actually search all the players)

The staff section now features more than 20 positions and adjusts coach's performances for morale.

Equally good. Why is every outfield guy in FM just a coach? Why not a attacking coach or something? Yeah the stats are there, so give them a name if they meet the criteria which would make it easy to spot a particular need.

The interview and press conference module now has 400+ questions.

Which beats "Player x is returning"; "You're likely to win/lose"; "Team Y want your player". So that's 4. Wow icon_smile.gif

And 1800 different messages allow the user to communicate with other coaches or players, regardless of whether the message is positive or negative.

Again. Far better than just "You're doing well/poorly"; "recommend me a player/backroom guy"; and "you'll be a great coach/scout" which always gets a "just wants to concentrate on playing", even if they've announced retirement.

So yeah, some of the flash and flair might mean a more shallow game, and the 3d highlights are probably still woefully small in variety.

But the features highlighted above are things that wouldn't be out of place in FM and might finally make us feel like a manager, rather than just someone who seems to exist in a vacuum and gets asked a ton of nauseatingly repetitive questions that only have one right answer.

VB

Originally posted by VonBlade:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The interview and press conference module now has 400+ questions.

Which beats "Player x is returning"; "You're likely to win/lose"; "Team Y want your player". So that's 4. Wow icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, FM has far more questions etc than you realise, they are just all built around the same 4 or 5 basic principles.

So you have to bear that in mind when you read "400+ questions", because it doesn't necessarily mean 400+ distinctly different questions. It could mean 50 variants on 8 questions.

And 1800 different messages allow the user to communicate with other coaches or players, regardless of whether the message is positive or negative.

Again. Far better than just "You're doing well/poorly"; "recommend me a player/backroom guy"; and "you'll be a great coach/scout" which always gets a "just wants to concentrate on playing", even if they've announced retirement.

Ditto.

So yeah, some of the flash and flair might mean a more shallow game, and the 3d highlights are probably still woefully small in variety.

But the features highlighted above are things that wouldn't be out of place in FM and might finally make us feel like a manager, rather than just someone who seems to exist in a vacuum and gets asked a ton of nauseatingly repetitive questions that only have one right answer.

VB

Remembere, what's been highlighted is from a press release, not a full paly test of the game.

3. I mentioned this one before but I’d like more options how to invest my personal fortune; stock market, etc.

This has been quoted from some site about the ideas for the next FIFA Manager game.

Who the hell wants to invest in the bloody stock market playing a football game?

This aint Finance Manger FFS

Archived