Low powered machines

Quick query

I just bought one of them Eee box pcs as a cheap and quiet family unit. I was wondering if anyone has experiecne of FM09 (or 08) on the eee box or similar unit and can tell me if it will run or not.

Its really for my laddie, he's progressing from FMH09 and I'd rather have him playing it on the eee box that resides in his room than taking my laptop away to play it.

Anyway, afore I pop out and get a copy wouldnt mind some replies...

Cheers

Malc

Can you give me a link to the computer?

What is its spec?

Sorry, I don't know what an eee box is.

sorry i assume everyone knew about eee pcs and all that stuff, my bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_Box

Mines has

1gb ram

1.ghz intel atom processor (I have no reference as to how these compare to old style P4s or the newer multi core bad boys - sure they are low power consumption but surely they must be better than 7 year old Pentium processors?)

Intel GMA950 shared graphics (the weak link?)

cheers

malc

It should work, just about.

But, it ain't going to be fast.

How much do these things cost?

cost me £190.

Its a no bad wee unit like, clearly not for a power user but it runs as quiet as a mouse and as cool as a cucumber and takes up no space being tacked to the back of the 19" monitor I have.

Should've waited ont he new version coming out with the radeon HD and HDMI out but needs must an all that...

Cheers

Malc

You can get a fast computer without a screen for about £300, these days.

They do take up more space and are louder but...more powerful :D

like I said - family PC - no need for heavy use and I'm not kidding you would not believe how quiet it is. Plus it take up almost zero space stuck on the back of the monitor. I'm seriously considering getting the newer HD one for the back of my hdtv to act as a media hub.

Besides its not really like FM will see much use at the minute anyway - the by is glued to that Halo Wars just now so my laptop is safe from his grubby hands for a wee while

Archived