MLS regens

I have a question to ask. I know that regens are generated at the end of each playing season, or begining rather. But how are they created in the MLS because it would add to the roster count, or are they put in the reserves? Anyone awnser this?

I have a question to ask. I know that regens are generated at the end of each playing season, or begining rather. But how are they created in the MLS because it would add to the roster count, or are they put in the reserves? Anyone awnser this?

The regens are created and made eligible in the draft. The ones that go undrafted end up with the USL teams or remain free-agents who can be signed after the draft.

Not too far. 2nd year. :p

Haven't played in MLS in a while because my TFC team was losing upwards for 300k a month...

I'm a little further ahead now, November of 2010. While watching the coaching musical chairs with the other teams I managed to create a positive cash flow with the Revolution. I even picked up a commercial link.

Not too far. 2nd year. :p

Haven't played in MLS in a while because my TFC team was losing upwards for 300k a month...

In my most recent game with TFC I managed to pretty much break even over the course of the season. I made my profit up front from season ticket sales, then sold Brennan for $1.4 million (with monthly payments for 24 months) and managed to finish the season right around the $9 million mark. Also, don't forget to schedule some friendlies- I schedule home games (20 or so against the other reserve teams, each expected to bring in about $14,000) for my reserves to help keep them in shape, and come July I arrange friendlies with European clubs whenever I have a break of 10 days or more. Usually offer a 50-50 split to the other team to seal the deal.

Archived