Professional / Fairly Professional or Determined / Fairly Determined

After doing a research and reading about different posts similar to this subject. I was going over my squad, to see what kind of squad I have.

It seems that Professional or Determined players do have more progress overtime.

But I also have some talented players with "Unsporting" and "Unambitious" characteristics.

so my question is something that I couldn't clearly find in posting research. What is the difference between a characteristic where you have Fairly indication and where you have not, for example: Professional and Fairly Professional, or Fairly Sporting/Sporting? what does really differ with the addition of Fairly?

I would love to hear yr comments about this and what does it matter in the long run for that player. Thanks.

Well, it differs with the coach's ability to interpret properly. Fairly Pro and Pro is definitely different in intensity. Like-wise determine, very determined, and fairly determine are different degrees of determination.

So a good coach would interpret these aspects correctly.

Having a player who is very determined is the best IMO.

As they progress and learn better, and if you go a goal down, pick the team up.

A player with high determination and influence is clearly always the best for a captain

by the way in 'Home screen' there is a nice little training summary towards the right of the screen that shows top 5-6 players whom are the highest in training, its just a summary listing those players, I can't get that full list of that screen anywhere else, I wanna see the whole list, without going into each players training overview, is there a way?

Professionalism helps to maximise the potential of a player.

For example, you have two players with the same amount of potential 160. However do you wonder why one of them look like a world class player and another look really average? The one who has a higher level of professionalism will have better stats within their potential ability(PA) points.

Of course, match experience and wins do play a part, but professionalism is a big factor to it.

Not my work but quoted from someone who did the research:

I have done some testing on the players' personalities using FM Modifier. Here are my conclusions on what personalities are. They depend on the attributes determination, influence, professionalism, ambition, loyalty, pressure, sportsmanship, temperament, most of which are hidden.

Ambitious: Ambition = 15-19 & Loyalty < 10.

Balanced: none of the rest

Born Leader: Influence = 20 & Determination = 20.

Casual: Professionalism = 2-4 & Determination < 10.

Charismatic Leader: Sportsmanship 18-29-20, Temperament 18-19-20, Influence 19-20

Devoted: Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7.

Determined: Determination = 18-19 & Ambition > 9.

Driven: Determination = 20 & Ambition > 9.

Easily Discouraged: Determination = 1.

Fairly Ambitious: (Ambition = 15) or (Ambition = 16-20 & Loyalty >9).

Fairly Determined: (Determination = 15-17) or (Determination = 18-20 & Ambition < 10).

Fairly Loyal: (Loyalty = 15-17) or (Loyalty = 18-20 & Ambition = 8-14).

Fairly Professional: (Professionalism = 15-17) or (Professionalism = 18-20 & Temperament < 10).

Fairly Sporting: Sportsmanship = 15-17.

Honest: Sportsmanship = 20.

Iron Willed: Pressure = 20 & Determination > 14.

Jovial: Pressure > 14 & Temperament > 9.

Leader: (Influence = 19) or (Influence = 20 & Determination < 20).

Light-Hearted: Sportsmanship > 14 & Pressure > 14 & Determination > 9 & Temperament > 9.

Low Determination: Determination = 2-5.

Low Self-Belief: Pressure = 2-3 & Determination < 10.

Loyal: Loyalty = 18-19 & Ambition = 1-7.

Model Citizen: Determination > 17 & Ambition > 17 & Loyalty > 17 & Pressure > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Temperament > 17 & Sportsmanship > 17.

Model Professional: Professionalism = 20 & Temperament > 9.

Professional: Professionalism = 18-19 & Temperament > 9.

Perfectionist: Ambition > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Determination > 17.

Realist: Sportsmanship = 2-4.

Resilient: Pressure = 17-19 & Determination > 14.

Resolute: Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17.

Slack: Professionalism = 1 & Determination < 10.

Spineless: Pressure = 1 & Determination < 10.

Spirited: Pressure > 14 & Professionalism = 15-17 & Temperament > 9.

Sporting: Sportsmanship = 18-19.

Temperamental: Temperament = 1-4.

Unambitious: Ambition < 6.

Unsporting: Sportsmanship = 1.

Very Ambitious: Ambition = 20 & Loyalty < 10.

Very Loyal: Loyal = 20 & Ambition = 1-7.

Notes:

- Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the personalities "Leader" and "Born Leader" (this one belongs to John Terry).

- Often, a player may be eligible to be described by more than one personality descriptions. In this case, you are still going to see only one description. As a rule, Professional> Determined> Realist> Resilient> Light-Hearted> Spirited> Resolute> Jovial. What is to the left, takes precedence. This means that if a player is both Realist and Spirited, in the game he is going to be described as "Realist".

- Since tutoring mainly affects these attributes, be careful as to what personality your tutors have. Professional, Resilient, Spirited, Determined, Resolute etc personalities are going to be good tutors. If a Spirited kid is tutored by a Balanced mentor, his personality is actually going to get worse.

It seems that Professional or Determined players do have more progress overtime.

But I also have some talented players with "Unsporting" and "Unambitious" characteristics.

I would love to hear yr comments about this and what does it matter in the long run for that player. Thanks.

It's been established in the training thread stickied in the tactics&training forum that the key attributes for player development are Determination, Professionalism and Ambition. An unambitious player will be lazy to train and improve himself. If you have any young player with potential but lacking these characteristics it is imperative that you get a tutor to raise them.

"imperative" to get a tutor?

tutor meaning in player interaction try to set them to learn frm an older experienced player in first squad?

Yes, the right tutoring selection means the tutor increases the tutee's Determination and some hidden attributes including Professionalism.

great info guys, I have checked that guide but was confused because, lets say attributes like Professionalism, Temperament and Ambition and like that, are not visible Attributes, so thats why I was confused. I guess these are background attributes that dictates that specific players character in the end. Thanks.

Archived