Michael Chopra

As Cardiff city manager, the transfer of chopra from Sunderland has already been agreed, meaning that in 1 seasons time, he joined my team. I understand that IRL he is not particularly quick or good in the air but he definately has quality (22 goals in 42 games in 06/07 season). However, this quality is not shown on the game AT ALL.

In the first season (when he was on loan), his stats:

-Apps: 27 -Goals: 7 -Avg Rating:6.54

Second Season (just signed for 3M!):

-Apps:26 -Goals: 1 -Avg Rating: 6.33

So now, not only am I left with a player who is crap, I cant get rid of his wage/get any money for him because teams wont come in for him as he's new to the club. On top of this, his value is diminishing (although not as much as i thought it would). Lastly, the board are blaming me for the transfer, making my already borderline confidence even lower.

I literally cant understand why he doesnt do at least average on the game. He has played alongside some quality strikers and just does nothing. I am now preferring my 17 year old striker (injury problems) who has finishing of 8, who is doing better than chopra.

Anyone else have similar problems with him or know what to do to make him get his ass into gear?

As a Sunderland fan I confirm he is technically a poor player.

Poor in the air, light weight, slow-ish, very limited with the ball at his feet (touch, passing, skill).

He does however have a fantastic work rate and his finishing is also fairly good. (When hes got abit of confidence anyway).

Decent Championship striker at best.

Dream on mate.

I have no connection to Newcastle whatsoever, and I can still see that they are twice the club you are. Just because you beat them once doesn't mean that you are suddenly 'top dogs in the north east'

But we are higher in the table than both Newcastle and Middlesbrough...

Or if your talking in terms of history well, we have won the top division more times than them.

Mike Ashley (Newcastle Owner) has a personal fortune of 1.8 billion apparantly (figure before recession).

Ellis Short (Sunderland Main Shareholder) has a personal fortune of 15 billion.

We have an ambitious chairman and board spending millions every window to strengthen the team.

They have a chairman who doesnt give a crap about them and is actively trying to flog the club to anyone willing to meet his evaluation..

They have a better stadium.

We have better training facilities.

And on paper, at this moment on time, we ARE a better team than them.

They get higher attendances than us but that hasnt always been the case, it has fluxuated between the two clubs over the decades, and if they get relegated you watch their fan base dwindle and ours suddenly increase.

I'm failing to see how they are twice the club we are. Football didnt start with Sky!!

At this moment, we are the top dogs in the North East. That is a fact, the league tables dont lie.

By the way, who do you support?

Dream on mate.

I have no connection to Newcastle whatsoever, and I can still see that they are twice the club you are. Just because you beat them once doesn't mean that you are suddenly 'top dogs in the north east'

Thats funny.

Ellis Short is much richer than Ashley, thats a fact. And so is the Drumaville consortium. Our club likes to keep the extent of our finances under wraps.

I'll repeat what I said earlier:

Mike Ashley had a reported fortune of 1.8 billion. (This was reported before he was hit by the recession).

Ellis Short has a personal fortune believed to be around 15 billion, and according to a report in America he is making alot of money from the recession and hes considered an ace entrepreneur.

This is not even including the massive debt that Newcaslte has behind the scenes.

There is no doubt, Sunderland are MUCH richer than Newcastle, proven by the fact we have put our hands in our pockets and according to Niall, we will do so again in the summer.

The media dont know much about Short or Drumaville, thats why it isnt reported. But trust me, we are rich.

Quinn has said Short understands the situation and is in the club for the long term, and is willing to back us with big money.

Go on though, feel free to bury your head and deny it and pretend everything is hunky dory at Newcastle.

oo...we've got more money than you, so we must be better:confused:

Doesn't work like that i'm afraid. And as for the sky comment, as a Stockport fan, I couldn't care less about Sky. If they had never existed it wouldn't affect me one bit, as I never watch football on the box.

oo...we've got more money than you, so we must be better:confused:

Doesn't work like that i'm afraid. And as for the sky comment, as a Stockport fan, I couldn't care less about Sky. If they had never existed it wouldn't affect me one bit, as I never watch football on the box.

Are you thick? I was mearly responding to him saying Mike Ashley was on the rich list and Short wasnt. I did not say that means we are better.

It does however help us. More money = Better players.

Don't know what you have against Sunderland, but i'm sure even a Newcastle fan wouldnt be as biased to claim they are twice the club of Sunderland. Both clubs are great, both have a very large and passionate fan base and both have a similair history.

Stockport however.... well I couldnt even tell you what league they were in. I think it would be fair to say Sunderland and Newcastle are twice the club of Stockport.

Archived