how about a custom match feature?

Many of us out there surely wonder how the match engine works in different situations, and different versions of the match engines have their own characteristics. For instance, I find it very hard to win away games (playing as man city), using my offensive home tactic.

It would be nice if you could set up a quick match from the start menu, choosing the team you want to manage in the match along with the AI team, then click on "start match". The squads would of course be from the original database. Managing this match would not require you to start a new save, which is very much the point. This way you can work out what ways are the best to counter the different types of teams in different situations, home and away.

In my opinion this, along with a tactics wizard based on the Tactical Frameworks guide by wwfan would do a nice job of getting starters as well as hardcore players a better understanding on how the tactical side of the gam works! which is surely needed by many.

i personally dont want it, but i cant see a problem with it, sounds like a good idea, the only problem i can think of is, in your case, man city, VERY few players are going to be playing with the same squad with all that cash, so you could only try things out with the basic squad, this may limit you to certain tactics as you may not have the players to fill the roles good enough, so it wouldn't be that much of a benefit. But would work for other side with out making huge changes, so its a little from column A and a little from column B

i personally dont want it, but i cant see a problem with it, sounds like a good idea, the only problem i can think of is, in your case, man city, VERY few players are going to be playing with the same squad with all that cash, so you could only try things out with the basic squad, this may limit you to certain tactics as you may not have the players to fill the roles good enough, so it wouldn't be that much of a benefit. But would work for other side with out making huge changes, so its a little from column A and a little from column B

well you're absolutely right there, the matches are played with the original database. I think of it more as a tutorial where you can setup quick matches were you don't have to start a whole new game and go through all those procedures along with it. This is simply: choose two original-database-teams, lock horns and try to manage the team you picked to victory. Sort of a one night stand ;) some might argue that this can be done by creating friendlys in a saved game but a teams pre-season schedule is pretty much limited. Plus, the team you want to try a tactic against might be unavailable or unwilling to play you.

Archived