Has 8.0.2 fixed regens?

SiN8

Thanks SI for the patch. However, I did not see any mention of regens in the change list.

Regens issues:

1. No wonderkids. Regens start off with too low of CA.

2. Low physical abilities.

3. Decreased overall quality in long term games.

Have these been addressed by 8.0.2? Thanks.

Thanks SI for the patch. However, I did not see any mention of regens in the change list.

Regens issues:

1. No wonderkids. Regens start off with too low of CA.

2. Low physical abilities.

3. Decreased overall quality in long term games.

Have these been addressed by 8.0.2? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T-Bag:

Hope it has been fixed or i'm wasting my time ! This was the main reason I stopped playing it.

Don't suppose anyone will have had chance to check this out yet though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Second this. Unfortunately it seems that this was not tweaked at all. (Read the changelist)

According to PaulC on the last page of your thread they didn't view the player development as a major issue in the way that you did in your previous thread. Based on what he said I don't think there'll be major changes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by PaulC in

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/5312018663/p/4 :-

We think its in pretty good shape, but it is also fair to say that the odd wonderkid and faster developer wouldnt go amiss.....as long as they weren't the norm.

Its going to be tweaked to that effect in 8.0.2.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe a few more wonderkids but other than that I wouldn't be surprised if it remained pretty much the same as 8.01. My interpretation of that post is that as far as SI are concerned what you (and alot of other posters) view as an issue is actually an element of the game working more or less as intended.

I can let 8.0.2 run for like 20 seasons in vacation mode, and check...

but I don't have any tools that will allow me to check CA/PA as of now. (I don't think previous FM scouts work on the new version)

So, we'll all have to wait to find out whether it is tweaked or not, unless someone from SI comments on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LichR:

I can let 8.0.2 run for like 20 seasons in vacation mode, and check...

but I don't have any tools that will allow me to check CA/PA as of now. (I don't think previous FM scouts work on the new version)

So, we'll all have to wait to find out whether it is tweaked or not, unless someone from SI comments on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.fmscout.com/page.php?al=fm_genie_scout_2008

bah dumb me!

It shows that I never use scout programs icon_smile.gif

Alright, here it goes... for 2008 (Currently, i'm in 2009, i'll let it run for longer, and post more results later)

SETUP : English league all the way down, no other nations selected. HOWEVER, I loaded all players from a minor nation, (I picked South Korea) just to see the regens from non-selected nation.

I'll try to keep the same format as SiN8's original work.

Date of SaveGame 2008 May 31st

Total # of players 12154

Players Under 21:

190+ PA : 2

180 - 189 : 17

170 - 179 : 138

160 - 169 : 148

190 CA : 0

180 - 189 : 2

170 - 179 : 2

160 - 169 : 18

150 - 159 : 38

140 - 149 : 75

130 - 139 : 74

120 - 129 : 129

Pace Accel >=15 : 297

all around athletes : 48

Between 21 and 24

190+ PA : 6

180 - 189 : 34

170 - 179 : 98

160 - 169 : 150

190+ CA : 1

180 - 189 : 6

170 - 179 : 20

160 - 169 : 51

150 - 159 : 104

Pace Accel >=15 : 241

all around athelte : 97

ALL AGE

190+ CA : 5

180-189 : 18

170-179 : 78

Minor Nation total player count : 2445

PA 150+ : 11

CA 130+ : 8

Great...

I have 2013 save file, but i can't load it anymore. Genie says data corrupt.

I had a quick look from "Player Search"

U21 players look bad... no one stands out, no messis, in the game.

England national team has no young players...

all in all, I dont think regen was tweaked at all. I'm finding similar results to SiN8's previous test. (But this is from a quick look around, since I can't load it with Genie anymore)

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LichR:

Great...

all in all, I dont think regen was tweaked at all. I'm finding similar results to SiN8's previous test. (But this is from a quick look around, since I can't load it with Genie anymore) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm disappoint to hear the result, because all I stop to play the game and wait for the patch is just because I expect regen problem will be sorted...

what the hell is SI doing in this several months? there are already a lot of experiments out there test the game for them and tell them there are problems on regens, but they still keep ignoring it, why??why??why????? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:

Great...

all in all, I dont think regen was tweaked at all. I'm finding similar results to SiN8's previous test. (But this is from a quick look around, since I can't load it with Genie anymore) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm disappoint to hear the result, because all I stop to play the game and wait for the patch is just because I expect regen problem will be sorted...

what the hell is SI doing in this several months? there are already a lot of experiments out there test the game for them and tell them there are problems on regens, but they still keep ignoring it, why??why??why????? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

• SI Staff

There have been some tweaks to areas of the player progression done in the 8.0.2 patch to finetune the way players and attributes develop, like PaulC said earlier. For example, we have given a bit of a boost to the starting CA of some promising youth players to try and get them up to speed a bit earlier in their career. However, the changes done so far are quite subtle and will not result in dramatic changes as more drastic measures would have unbalanced the game database in the long run.

Also, we have started work on re-writing parts of the player progression code to allow a richer variety of progression paths (more wonderkids etc.) and to provide a better balance on how individual attributes develop, but this is a much bigger task to undertake. Testing the effects of these changes and finetuning the progression so that the game database will stay in balance in the long term will take some time, but it is definately something we hope to include for the next game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. No wonderkids. Regens start off with too low of CA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is incorrect, I've had a few Wonderkid regens so far in my 2012 game. But I would agree that there are no where near enough of them, by the year 2020 in my current game most of the top European teams will be playing with poor quality players. I do also definetly agree with point no. 2 in that 90% of regens have a poor set of physical stats. Also, here is a couple of screenshots of a current regen Wonderkid I have:

http://b.imagehost.org/0102/goni.jpg

http://b.imagehost.org/0102/goni2.jpg

In case you are wondering what the blank strip is, it's my name that I've blanked out. And no, this player hasn't been edited in a 3rd party editor in case anyone suggests that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riz:

There have been some tweaks to areas of the player progression done in the 8.0.2 patch to finetune the way players and attributes develop, like PaulC said earlier. For example, we have given a bit of a boost to the starting CA of some promising youth players to try and get them up to speed a bit earlier in their career. However, the changes done so far are quite subtle and will not result in dramatic changes as more drastic measures would have unbalanced the game database in the long run.

Also, we have started work on re-writing parts of the player progression code to allow a richer variety of progression paths (more wonderkids etc.) and to provide a better balance on how individual attributes develop, but this is a much bigger task to undertake. Testing the effects of these changes and finetuning the progression so that the game database will stay in balance in the long term will take some time, but it is definately something we hope to include for the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok. Thanks for the information. Hopefully this will improve signicantly in future versions than.

I will fire up the career and see whether these changes have improved a bit since this really was the only game breaking experience.

..and you really should get back to EHM icon_wink.gif ..It really needs new incarnations since it has/had so much potential.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riz:

Also, we have started work on re-writing parts of the player progression code to allow a richer variety of progression paths (more wonderkids etc.) and to provide a better balance on how individual attributes develop, but this is a much bigger task to undertake. Testing the effects of these changes and finetuning the progression so that the game database will stay in balance in the long term will take some time, but it is definately something we hope to include for the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds very promising I have to say. Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with in future iterations.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

I recall someone on here posting on more varied development paths along with graphs to illustrate. Should that poster be expecting royalties cheques on future version? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No outbound royalty checks sorry. And that's because I don't recall seeing such graphs and even if I had seen them, I surely would have already seen something similar ages ago when developing similar patterns for EHM player development icon_wink.gif

so has anyone had chance to test how quickly young players increase c/a?

On version 8.0.1 the c/a went up approx 12/14 per season which led to players not reaching p/a until age 27 or so.

Has anyone tested to see if the speed of increase has gone up for 8.0.2?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There have been some tweaks to areas of the player progression done in the 8.0.2 patch to finetune the way players and attributes develop, like PaulC said earlier. For example, we have given a bit of a boost to the starting CA of some promising youth players to try and get them up to speed a bit earlier in their career. However, the changes done so far are quite subtle and will not result in dramatic changes as more drastic measures would have unbalanced the game database in the long run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, but the game was already highly unbalanced in the long run. Top teams filled with ageing players and spending lots of money on 32 year olds because theres no young players. I would call that unbalanced

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">young players increase c/a? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pff, i'm really disappointed in SI.

So, Football manager is only amusing when you play just one season (maybe two)?

I loved the previous versions (less realistic?) more, where you could have some messi's en pato's so you had to scout and train for players all the time. The nice thing about fm was the long-run career. But now, it's just ****ed up

And then, they say, it will all be sorted out in the 09 game.???

By saying this, they tell us that the 08 game is a wasted 60 euro's. icon_confused.gif

maybe SI dont want good regens. because then we would play same manager 2-3 years. and maybe not buy next version of FM.

i remebember great regens back in the time of CM. 8-9 years ago. and now they cant make good regens? im suspicious about that.

Seriuosly now, i do not know what is wrong with you guys. Maybe i have a lucky save going at the moment or something but im in 2013 with Liverpool and my reserve team has the potential ability to be unbeatable when my players reach there potential

In my reserve team I have 28 regens with potential ability of over 170

Breakdown

190+ =5, 198,197,197,196,190

180-190=7, 189,186,185,182,181,181

170-180=16

I also have a CM called Lee King who has a PA of 198 and a CA of 188, he is 20 years old and since i spotted him with a CA of 97 in 2009 he has improved drasticlly in 4 years.

Ill try and post a screenie of my reserve squad and Lee King later

cazza_1105: The problem is their CA. Regens PA is okay, nothing wrong with that.

And original (800) was the version where training was working. If you patch the game it will stop working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cazza_1105:

By the way im using the 8.0 patch, the original </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be the reason why. a lot of the problems with regens that people have been experiencing began during the beta patches and continued into 8.01 and now 8.02 - unpatched should be ok

As I take it, the problem isnt low PA as such. Nor is it their development over years via training etc. SI have stated they dont want to see massive rapid jumps in player ability (like in 8.0.0) and are happy now that most peak in their late 20s, if indeed they get there at all, which is no longer a given as you have to treat them properly to get the best out of them. So far so good!

As I understand it the problem was regens started with too low a CA, which given the slower development model, meant that the game didnt produce any young stars like Rooney, Ronaldo, Owen, Messi, Fabregas etc.

What was being argued for is a slight tweak to the regen model to allow the production of the odd under-20 superstar. We didnt want every regen to be like that, but given for example Barca have two players under 18 that have CA near 150 IRL (Bojan and Giovanni), there should also be some of these early starters produced in the game.

An alternative is to have some youngsters having faster development speeds, or speeds that vary through their career, so they can peak early. For example, all regens could start with <100 PA, but one develops rapidly so that by 18 his CA is nearly 150.

Has anyone seen such high CA / high PA under-18s with 8.02?

Archived