Does Loading All Players From Many Countries Make The Game Really Slow?

I know if you load all players from a lot of countries, a new game (for me at least) takes ages to load in the first place, but how does it affect the actual gameplay? Is the game much slower when there is that many players loaded up or are there any other worries I should have if I am to load all players from say ten countries or more???

thanks for the replies guys, yeah I used to use the Huge database file that you could get for fm07 (and 08?). Really starting to think that the large database option in game just isnt large enough.

large DB + all players from brazil, argentina and france and you're good to go

so wouldn't you realistically only buy british national players and ireland? and maybe minor nations like estonia?

the best players I have bought for Bohs have come from many diverse countries, Slovenia, Slovakia, Honduras, Chile, Poland, Hungary, Spain, Venezuela etc etc almost never buy Irish or English as the only ones that will join are not good enough imo.

Just to give you an example - usually play with retain players from the other 4 British countries on commentary only - usually takes around 5 hours to complete first season

yesterday tried retaining all players from 15 countries - was still in November after 8 hours

:D - all the way from the start of the season I was saying to myself "I don't care how long it takes - It a massive game now!" - then I realised the game didn't load the 200+ Japanese players I created so I gave up

Added over 1000 new players on Saturday using the editor - all -7 to -10 potential

Archived