Why can he get a work permit for one club but not another?

If I start a new game as Newcastle (as I often do) and try to sign the South African player Michael Morton he agrees to join the club as backup to the first team and then after appealing the work permit decision (which is initially turned down) I am successful and Morton is signed.

However, if I start a game as Irish champions Bohemians and try to sign Morton (in this case as a key member of the first team squad) he also agrees to join but will never get a work permit no matter how much I appeal.

This will happen no matter how many times I start new games, he will always get a permit for Newcastle and not for Bohemians. The exact same scenario occurs with Real Madrids young defender Opare. It's very annoying as although both of these players are good backup and future good first teamers for Newcastle, they would be absolute world beaters in the Irish league and after they agreed to actually join Bohemians I was very excited only to be let down by these nast work permits.

So, why is this happening/is it some sort of bug and is there anything I can do other than just wait around in the hope that the situation changes? (can't get Belgian feeder club for Bohs btw).

Archived