Will there be any more patches?

Hello

Will there be any more patches? The reason that Im asking and would like to know is because when the final official update is out I like to edit thinks like comp names, player history and player attributes but I wont start doing these things before there is an final update/patch so should I wait or what? :)

It can't be far away from the first 'when is FM10 released?' thread.

At lleast there will be threads, i cant help feeling that GD has been quiet the last few weeks, i have been told that it is full of speculation about the Next FM during off season and stuff.

There are no more good threads to be honest.

At lleast there will be threads, i cant help feeling that GD has been quiet the last few weeks, i have been told that it is full of speculation about the Next FM during off season and stuff.

There are no more good threads to be honest.

I get what you mean, the 'off season' can be a disaster but it is all good fun.

I am actually thinking about taking a break until July/August, as at the moment, the threads are mostly complaints and duplicates, and nothing good will come about until 2010 details are released.

I am undecided, unless you guys can give me a reason to stay :p

I am actually thinking about taking a break until July/August, as at the moment, the threads are mostly complaints and duplicates, and nothing good will come about until 2010 details are released.

Because we are here?

Because we are here?

Peter, my sweet piece of love muffin, you are the only reason I am still here right now:p

I'm not thinking of a break for a massive period of time, just enough time to play FM until GD gets more active.

Havn't played it for ages, except last week, that was only to try the Klasa Skin.

Peter, my sweet piece of love muffin, you are the only reason I am still here right now:p

I'm not thinking of a break for a massive period of time, just enough time to play FM until GD gets more active.

Havn't played it for ages, except last week, that was only to try the Klasa Skin.

Creep.

Not a fan of windowed mode then?

I hope this is the last patch thread to be honest.

Im looking forward to Patch 10.1 :D

10.3 really lets be honest,

but seriously why would we even need another patch, I see nothing wrong really with this patch. Im enjoying my new game now :)

I can't think of any reason for you to stay, so maybe you should take that break.

I'd be happy if they'd just release something to fix the inability of the game to switch between stats screen and match highlight once you changed tactics during a game.

That alone has driven me back to FM7. I can't waste my time on a game where I either miss match highlights I'm supposed to see, or where I can't keep and eye on the stats and when the AI switches to the 4-2-4 cheat tactic.

When something as fundamental as this is wrong, the game feels half-finished. I can't waste my time on a game they can't be bothered to finish.

I'd be happy if they'd just release something to fix the inability of the game to switch between stats screen and match highlight once you changed tactics during a game.

That alone has driven me back to FM7. I can't waste my time on a game where I either miss match highlights I'm supposed to see, or where I can't keep and eye on the stats and when the AI switches to the 4-2-4 cheat tactic.

When something as fundamental as this is wrong, the game feels half-finished. I can't waste my time on a game they can't be bothered to finish.

Cheat tactic?

I dont think so, to be honest, i think it is a tactic that shows desperation and hungriness to get the result.

IN a Champions league final, a team are losing 1-0 with 5 minutes to go, do you think the manager would avoid that tactic, because he thinks its cheating?

This is very annoying, and something I keep bringing up in the bugs forum but which seems to constantly fall on deaf ears.

The 4-2-4 is by no means a cheat tactic, and can be quite easy to counter tbh. But when you can't keep an eye on the formation of the opposition because the game will not automatically switch to the highlights it is very frustrating.

Unfortunately I don't think this issue effects everyone. When I first brought it up in the bugs forum I was told it could not be recreated. I provided steps to recreate months ago, and since then other people have added their experiences to the thread, but unfortunately there have been no further SI replies.

Cheat tactic?

I dont think so, to be honest, i think it is a tactic that shows desperation and hungriness to get the result.

IN a Champions league final, a team are losing 1-0 with 5 minutes to go, do you think the manager would avoid that tactic, because he thinks its cheating?

While it's not a cheat tactic and can easily be countered, the AI do resort to it far too often. It would be nice if they had other ideas to get back into a match now and again.

While it's not a cheat tactic and can easily be countered, the AI do resort to it far too often. It would be nice if they had other ideas to get back into a match now and again.

Not that it works for the AI, they employ it frequently, yet the balance of the match is never upset. (or so I have noticed)

If you make no attempt to play defensive then the AI's 4-2-4 can be very effective. Once you learn how to counter it then games can be fairly easy to close out.

But the problem brought up by Pjw is that for many of us the game does not automatically switch to the highlights after you've made a tactical change. So whereas we'd normally keep an eye on the opposition formation and make changes accordingly, in the second half of all matches you're forced to remain on the 3D view so that you see the highlights.

Archived